• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Favourite Bun

LoopyLou2087

Warren Scout
Had my two buns nearly 2 weeks now, and I really like them both, but Luna is definitely my favourite. She lets me pick her up if I have to, even though I'm sure she doesn't like it (so I try not to), she lets my stroke her and cuddle her, and she even licked me :love: My hubby reckons this is because I favour her and spend more time with her! But Molly just runs away when I touch her, and kicks out if i have to pick her up, which makes me really scared to do it (I heard her around or into a box now instead). I can't help liking Luna more, :love:, but I do feel a little guilty :oops:..
Does everyone else have a favourite?

I thought I did - but now I love all my buns in different ways. :love: I couldn't be without any one of them.

From what you have described of Molly's behaviour it sounds like she is a bit human scared, I'd try and encourage her to get more confident in you before picking her up - e.g. eating out of your hand, eating out of your lap. Help her to realise that you are lovely person and not a threat and over time she will become more affection as she learns not to be scared. I've done this with Byron over the last two months - after several months of Helen's previous excellent care - and he now loves coming up to me and getting nose rubs and occasionally a stroke too.

One important tip someone gave me is to approach with your hand along the ground (not above) if I go to touch him, as then I don't come in like a swooping threat, also I give him his nose rubs really really low on the nose as this is less scary to start with than higher up the nose.

Molly eats out of my hand, she comes over and sniffs me, she doesn't really seem scared unless I pick her up (I only have twice because I had to) but she usually just runs off if I'm around, she just doesn't seem to like me like Luna does :( Anything else I can do to encourage her to let me be around her and maybe fuss her a little?

They all have their own personalities and I love each and every one in their own ways but Mischa will always have a special place in my heart. I was dusting today and had to stop cos he wanted my attention, not for treats, just for fuss. He's very outgoing. Mini is a little explorer and will always be the first to a new place, Nutmeg is hilariously funny and Smudge is very loving to other bunnies. But none of them are as much of a 'people bunny' as Mischa is. :)

Joejoes my favourite :love: Probably because i had him first and as he was on his own for a year as a housbun we are very close and he's really affectionate as a result, plus he's he's nearly gone to the bridge a couple of times too so he's my extra special bunbun. i do love the other two to bits as well though :love:

I don't have a 'favourite' as such.

Biscuit is my rock. He's got me through some really difficult times in the last 18 months. He is all i can explain as my best friend, apart from my OH.

Ginger is my little princess. She's poorly, probably alywas will be, but she's such a giggle when she's lively :love:

My favourite rabbit ever was Dandelion. My 9th Birthday present. Only to have to be PTS a few weeks before my 10th :( 

out of my current rabbits i dont have a favourite, they both have  different personaltity.

Back