• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help the bunny that I love is still in the pet shop

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
He is white,14 weeks old,huge in an indoor cage that he can hardly move in,pale pale pink eyes,brown button nose and a brown button tail
I sw him last week,all through my holiday I thought of him
First thing this morn I went on the bus to make sure he had gone to a new home but he is still there:cry:
Do I sneak him into the house and hope that hubby doesnt notice? :cry:

Its obviously fate that he is still there if you can provide for him then i would say yes get him :D

Hubby said No more room at the inn,makes me feel so sad but I wouldnt get him as hubby is not happy about it,I am so tempted though :cry:

maybe broach the subject again, maybe with a visit tot the pet shop to see what he thinks in the fur. Although all mine just turn up, and I found an excuse later.

have you told o/h about the bunny.....do you have room and can u provide for him?

i would go get the bunny and cook o/h a nice meal wear summat pretty and then tell him u got him and tell him why....
its what i would do lol (devious arent i )

I shall try that thank you,I would do anything :lol:

failing that tell him a friend found them in a garden?

i have always been honest with OH then threw a huge strop when he said no... that works;)

if your serious about getting it id ring the petshop and tell them your interested you just need to sort out his living enviroment first?

Aw how sad jackiestone. But think of the 'cause'. You buy this one and another litter will be bred just to supply the demand.

As horrible as it is, we need to stop buying pet shop rabbits so breeders stop the unnecessary breeding to supply them.

I am sure there are rescue buns who are just as cute and in need in finding a home. :love:

He is white,14 weeks old,huge in an indoor cage that he can hardly move in,pale pale pink eyes,brown button nose and a brown button tail
I sw him last week,all through my holiday I thought of him
First thing this morn I went on the bus to make sure he had gone to a new home but he is still there:cry:
Do I sneak him into the house and hope that hubby doesnt notice? :cry:

Why not just report your concern to the council. Buying him would only mean another bun suffers to take him place.

i am going through something similar..

i really don't want to get a pet shop bun and i really dont want another but a small pet shop near us started selling small livestock about a year ago.

this one big black rabbit has been in a 3' by 2' hutch since before christmas and its breaking my heart. :cry:

new cute baby bunnies are coming and going but this one is now fully grown and constantly overlooked.
he was in with a guinea pig for a while and i try stay away and have had several goes at the shop owner about no hay/ being kept with a piggie etc and i am now thinking about reporting the shop.. but i keep dreaming about rescuing that rabbit!

i really don't want to get a pet shop bun and i really dont want another but a small pet shop near us started selling small livestock about a year ago.

this one big black rabbit has been in a 3' by 2' hutch since before christmas and its breaking my heart. :cry:

new cute baby bunnies are coming and going but this one is now fully grown and constantly overlooked.
he was in with a guinea pig for a while and i try stay away and have had several goes at the shop owner about no hay/ being kept with a piggie etc and i am now thinking about reporting the shop.. but i keep dreaming about rescuing that rabbit!

Unfortunately, it's not rescuing - it is buying and he will be replaced once he's sold. :cry:

i know, i know.. but still plays on my mind constantly. :cry:

i don't want and couldn't afford a 4th bunny and if i did i'd be straight to BARC but i do find this bunny constanly at the back of my mind...

:cry::cry::cry: we must think of a plan,I cant stop thinking about him:cry:I am a right saddo

hahaha

have you told o/h about the bunny.....do you have room and can u provide for him?

i would go get the bunny and cook o/h a nice meal wear summat pretty and then tell him u got him and tell him why....
its what i would do lol (devious arent i )

nope i completely agree, put out girl, get your besties on and twinkle at him... bet you get a result!!! :lol::lol:

Back