• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehoming

shelley

Mama Doe
Can any one advise me if i am able to rehome my rabbit (Buster) through this site and if so how? Im happy to give a donation to the site etc...

I'll keep him until he is rehomed, im not looking to put him into a rescue, i want to find him a new forever home

Thanks

You can advertise your rabbit in the rabbit in need section of this forum.
But you cannot make the thread you have to pm a mod who will list it for you.

Why are you re homing Buster ?

Hiya. Are you ok? I might be confused but I thought you were looking to bond your two not so long ago? Hope everything is ok x

If you need to rehome Buster, I think you need to PM SOAD on here as she puts up the buns for rehoming threads (I think :oops:).

You could also set up an account on the main Rabbits United site and put an ad on there.

I really hope everything is ok x

Hey guys,

Just getting really stressed with the situation. Ive been trying to bond them for months but its not working out, Lola's been really hurt on numerous occasions and i cant get to any places that will bond as i dont drive and i work and have a young baby. Im sick of them trying to attack each other and get out of the doors to get to each other.

Buster is a fantastic rabbit and he really isnt getting what he deserves. He is so bored without company (he was previously bonded with his brother and p@h stupidly split them) and as a result of his bordem he is just chewing everything. My OH is furious with all the damage he's done which causes me problems at home but i dont like locking him in his create and its not possible to fit a pen in anywhere. Lola is in the bedroom and she is fine, she doesnt do as much damage as Buster.

It would be so much kinder to let Buster go to someone with a garden and lots of space, being in a flat just insnt any good for him, i dont think he enjoys being a house rabbit one little bit tbh.

He's so freindly and effecionate and he even lets my 1year old molly coddle him despite being roudy. I really thought i could solve everyhting by getting Lola and all ive done is made it worse as he's had to split his free range time.

Its all just not going as planned.

I will pm SOAD, thanks for the help

Hey guys,

Just getting really stressed with the situation. Ive been trying to bond them for months but its not working out, Lola's been really hurt on numerous occasions and i cant get to any places that will bond as i dont drive and i work and have a young baby. Im sick of them trying to attack each other and get out of the doors to get to each other.

Buster is a fantastic rabbit and he really isnt getting what he deserves. He is so bored without company (he was previously bonded with his brother and p@h stupidly split them) and as a result of his bordem he is just chewing everything. My OH is furious with all the damage he's done which causes me problems at home but i dont like locking him in his create and its not possible to fit a pen in anywhere. Lola is in the bedroom and she is fine, she doesnt do as much damage as Buster.

It would be so much kinder to let Buster go to someone with a garden and lots of space, being in a flat just insnt any good for him, i dont think he enjoys being a house rabbit one little bit tbh.

He's so freindly and effecionate and he even lets my 1year old molly coddle him despite being roudy. I really thought i could solve everyhting by getting Lola and all ive done is made it worse as he's had to split his free range time.

Its all just not going as planned.

I will pm SOAD, thanks for the help

Were you able to contact any rescues about bonding? I might be able to help you with transport part of the way, as I think you said that was a difficulty for you. I don't live a million miles from Horsham. Rescues usually charge for bonding (or ask for a donation at least), but if this was an option for you then please let me know. I will help if I can with transport some of the way.

Maybe we can give bonding advice and you can try it again - i.e. go right back to basics. If you tried the dating method before, can you try the 'chuck them in a small pen together' method this time? Lola will still need a friend too.

whatever you decide, us members can help support you through that. x

Yes i contacted a few places, the only person that said she would try was Helen (The Duchess) but she is very busy now. Its not the money aspect really, although i dont have a huge amount, i could still donate something

Trying to re-bond them isnt an option anymore. Ive gone back to basics so many times and im too frightened to do it anymore, plus their fighting causes distress to my young son and last time i tried to seperate them Buster bit through my knuckle (by accident) so ive lost all confidence in doing it.

i know u said duchess is busy arent there any other rescues nearby who could help hun.........u have an offer of transport....maybe another rescue could help ???

I dont have any other rabbit rescues near me. I spoke to holbrook animal rescue and they arent experienced in bonding, i asked helen about crawley guineapig rescue but she wasnt sure if they would do it as they are mainly for piggies. I even asked p@h and got the most rediculous reply. I cant think of any other rescues

I dont have any other rabbit rescues near me. I spoke to holbrook animal rescue and they arent experienced in bonding, i asked helen about crawley guineapig rescue but she wasnt sure if they would do it as they are mainly for piggies. I even asked p@h and got the most rediculous reply. I cant think of any other rescues

I'm Horsham. We are close to: Furry Friends, Bobtails and Crawley Guinea Pig Rescue.

Bobtails helped us with our bonding, twice.

Might be worth trying them all.

Oh yeh i tried bob tails too but i dont think i got a reply from them? I think i'll e-mail them again to ask. I dont want to rehome him but im at my wits end with the pair of them, Buster more so because he constanly sprays every where, then Lola comes out and wee's where he spays so Buster then poops everywhere, he was perfectly house trained before, its just to much. Plus Lola had a misarable life before we got her and i want to make sure that she is never in that situation again so i owe it to her that she has a nice cosy retirement with us and without Buster harrassment. If anyone will bond them i would happily keep him because i think his behaviou would improve

Hi Shelley,

I'd give Bobtails a ring - they are really good - I'm hoping to get an adopted bun from there. Helen is fantastic too - could someone foster Buster for you until she's got a space? Once I've got my new permanent set up in a few weeks (fingers crossed) I could foster for a short period of time - but it would have to be outside - so he'd need to be vaccinated too.

I live in Surrey and I'm happy to do a run for you to get them to bobtails and back again or to Helen too. I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Probably a stupid question, but if he sprays everywhere - is he castrated?

When they are bonded they usually stop marking their territory.

Thank you Sherloack and Sky o, they are really kind offers, i'll bare you both in mind. Yes both buns are spayed/neutered but because they arent bonded they are spraying to mark their terrirtory. I keep saying i'll keep them both and wait until they are bonded but its taking months :(

Ive got a new pen today to help to seperate them, Buster is confined now though so again not ideal. I just dont know what to do. I e-mailed bobtails, just waiting for a reply.

Thank you for all the support x

Can I ask, without trying to be provocative, but why are you choosing to rehome Buster over Lola, when Buster was your original bunny?

Back