• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone help PLEASE!

lilgems91

Mama Doe
My bun has not passed many poos in the last 4 hours but his appetite is fine. I'm up with him now and have given him a few more pellets, unlimited hay, some apple leaves and also a treat ums hairball treat.

I don't know why he is not poking, is he in status? He doesn't appear to be in discomfort or pain.

Please somebody help me

Just to add, he managed to get hold of a few of my dogs biscuits earlier tonight, could this be where causing the problem?

Could just be that he doesn't poo as much at this time of day, but you're just worried because of the dog biscuits?

Is he lethargic, floppy and unwilling to move? If so he could well be in stasis. You need to get fluid into him asap. If you have a little syringe you could use that to syringe feed water into his mouth. If he really starts to go down hill (cold to touch, unwilling to eat or get up and move) phone the emergency vet or take him straight down there. You could also try gently massaging his tummy to help get the gut going again if he is in stasis. I may just be that he has not needed to poo yet and is storing it all up.

You are doing the right thing by monitoring him, rabbits can go down hill very rapidly so he may be in the early stages of stasis. Fluids are vital for stasis bunnies so try and make sure that as well as access unlimited food he has access to water at all times.

If in doubt phone your emergency vet for advice over the phone.

Just to add, he managed to get hold of a few of my dogs biscuits earlier tonight, could this be where causing the problem?

They might dry him out a bit and cause his poos to become dry and smaller so as I said before encourage him to drink and syringe feed him if necessary or even use a dropper if you have no syringe.

Good luck, I hope he will be ok.

Thank you both for your replys.

Yes Stephen very worried because he got hold of the dog biscuits :(

He is completely himself apart from the not pooing, and doesn't appear to be in any pain.

I've never experienced this with him before, I'm just so worried :(

Sorry Steph have just realised my HTC has changed your name to stephen..apolagies

He's just been drinking from his sippy of his own accord so he's still eating and drinking. Since half 10 he has done 24 little poos, have just counted them. Does this seem normal??

Last edited:
And now a wee. Surely if they can wee that's ok? I really don't know what to do for him with his poos not being properly formed :(

Update

Hey everyone, thank you for your kind words.

Ben seems a lot better today, have been monitering his poo's and they seem normal.

He has got a vets appointment later just to double check everything is a ok, and also to check his teeth and possibly try some more medication for his snuffles.

I am so pleased he's pulled through ok, but my mum and dad think I was bein over the top about him and said I should have just left him to it as he was fine. Makes me sooo angry, they dont understand!! :(

Back