• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bunny Died UD No He Didn't!? UD Thumper's Home! p143

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
I was going to collect a bunny for another RU member tomorrow. I was too late. He died tonight :cry:

They wanted me to go tonight but I was going out with Zahirre, so I put it off until tomorrow. We had such a great night and now I come home to find out the bunny died. :cry: I could have saved him! I didn't know he was poorly or I'd have gone tonight, but I couldn't cancel on Zahirre. I thought it would be OK to go tomorrow.

But now he's gone and I could have saved him :cry::cry::cry: I feel awful. I probably shouldn't even post this, I don't know if the other member would be OK with it, but I feel awful :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
if you didnt know he was poorly..and the other person didnt think he was that poorly......how could you have known?

bunnies just dont when to tell us theyre really ill. But what would have happened if youd taken this bunny tonight anyway...what was different that the bunny wouldnt have died when you had gone to the loo or make a cuppa. I hope the other person can understand too hun.

I think youre having a major guiltfest...but like i said..this bunny could have passed away even at yours with you around. And bunny may even have died in transit.

we never ever know...not even with people..how can you be expected to know with animals too.

i know its a terrible thing to have happened and im very sorry for the bunny and the RU member...but nothing will change by you beating yourself up with this...you arent a bad person...dont think you are..it happens..its not nice for anyone involved..but it does happen...

if id have known then..if only i had spotted sooner....if only i hadnt left the house..if only id have got to anohter vet...if only if only if only.......

its not your fault...its no ones fault..its just a cruel twist of fate:cry:

try and get some sleep and in the morning...try and find out what hapened...it will give you insight..but you taking the bunny wouldnt have prevented it from dying. xxxx

Poor bun.

It's not your fault though. If bun was that poorly, there was probably very little to be done. You had no way of knowing he was that sick.

Sleep tight bun bun.

:( how very sad but please don't beat yourself up.

if something could have been done to save bunny:(, i'm sure the person already caring for him/her would have done it.

Awwww, I'm so sorry. :( Please don't feel guilty though; you didn't know he was ill and there may well have been little you could do if you had known. I hope you're ok. x

Such sad news. :cry::cry: Rest easy little bunny.

You weren't to know that the bunny was ill. It was not your fault.

Take care. x

I tried to post this thread last night, but I wasn't sure if it had worked as I couldn't get back on to RU after I hit submit. It kept saying can't connect or something, so I gave up and went to bed.

This morning I find out that the bun hasn't died! :D It's a very strange situation and I can't really explain right now. I hope the other member isn't mad at me for posting this, I was just upset at the time and I'd had a couple of drinks! :oops:

Anyway, the bun run is back on, and I hope all can be made clear once this bun is safe.

Sorry to worry everyone and thank you for your kind words. I'm just so happy the bun is alive and it's not too late to help him! :D

yay thats good news hun......i hope we get the full story eventually sounds intriging(sp) ........
and ermmmm where was my invite to come out for drinks :shock:

Hi all
I'm the other RUer Captain Helen mentions. We can't say too much at the moment as the bun is still in situ. :(

Once Helen has him safe we'll tell you the story... promise!

Good luck for this afternoon Helen - I am so very grateful to you for doing this - let's just hope we get the outcome this little bun deserves.

I feel sicky with worry....

Can't wait for some good news xxxx

Will update thread when we can

Positive vibes needed :wave:

Hi all
I'm the other RUer Captain Helen mentions. We can't say too much at the moment as the bun is still in situ. :(

Once Helen has him safe we'll tell you the story... promise!

Good luck for this afternoon Helen - I am so very grateful to you for doing this - let's just hope we get the outcome this little bun deserves.

I feel sicky with worry....

Can't wait for some good news xxxx

Will update thread when we can

Positive vibes needed :wave:

i hope you get the outcome you both want good luck with whatever it is lol

possitive vibes being sent :D:D:D

Back