PDA

View Full Version : The Bunny Died UD No He Didn't!? UD Thumper's Home! p143

Captain Helen
24-08-2011, 11:56 PM
I was going to collect a bunny for another RU member tomorrow. I was too late. He died tonight :cry:

They wanted me to go tonight but I was going out with Zahirre, so I put it off until tomorrow. We had such a great night and now I come home to find out the bunny died. :cry: I could have saved him! I didn't know he was poorly or I'd have gone tonight, but I couldn't cancel on Zahirre. I thought it would be OK to go tomorrow.

But now he's gone and I could have saved him :cry::cry::cry: I feel awful. I probably shouldn't even post this, I don't know if the other member would be OK with it, but I feel awful :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry :cry::cry::cry:

purplebumble
25-08-2011, 01:57 AM
if you didnt know he was poorly..and the other person didnt think he was that poorly......how could you have known?

bunnies just dont when to tell us theyre really ill. But what would have happened if youd taken this bunny tonight anyway...what was different that the bunny wouldnt have died when you had gone to the loo or make a cuppa. I hope the other person can understand too hun.

I think youre having a major guiltfest...but like i said..this bunny could have passed away even at yours with you around. And bunny may even have died in transit.

we never ever know...not even with people..how can you be expected to know with animals too.

i know its a terrible thing to have happened and im very sorry for the bunny and the RU member...but nothing will change by you beating yourself up with this...you arent a bad person...dont think you are..it happens..its not nice for anyone involved..but it does happen...

if id have known then..if only i had spotted sooner....if only i hadnt left the house..if only id have got to anohter vet...if only if only if only.......

its not your fault...its no ones fault..its just a cruel twist of fate:cry:

try and get some sleep and in the morning...try and find out what hapened...it will give you insight..but you taking the bunny wouldnt have prevented it from dying. xxxx

Biscuit's Mum!
25-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Poor bun.

It's not your fault though. If bun was that poorly, there was probably very little to be done. You had no way of knowing he was that sick.

Sleep tight bun bun.

Barn Yard Bunnies
25-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Oh Helen I am so sorry but the poor bun doesn't sound like they would have made it. xxx

BlueRexBoy
25-08-2011, 06:49 AM
The change of environment may of been the last straw anyway, it's not your fault xxx

poppymoon
25-08-2011, 08:13 AM
:( how very sad but please don't beat yourself up.

if something could have been done to save bunny:(, i'm sure the person already caring for him/her would have done it.

KarenM
25-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Awwww, I'm so sorry. :( Please don't feel guilty though; you didn't know he was ill and there may well have been little you could do if you had known. I hope you're ok. x

Mrs. Bunnykins
25-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Such sad news. :cry::cry: Rest easy little bunny.

You weren't to know that the bunny was ill. It was not your fault.

Take care. x

susie bun
25-08-2011, 08:35 AM
How sad. :( As others have said, not your fault at all. Hugs. xxx

Suzanne
25-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Poor thing. It wasn't your fault, you weren't to know the bunny was poorly. :(

Pie
25-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm sorry. :(
You were not to know and the owner may not of even been aware. xx

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 08:55 AM
it wasnt your fault hun......binky free little bunny :love:

Captain Helen
25-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I tried to post this thread last night, but I wasn't sure if it had worked as I couldn't get back on to RU after I hit submit. It kept saying can't connect or something, so I gave up and went to bed.

This morning I find out that the bun hasn't died! :D It's a very strange situation and I can't really explain right now. I hope the other member isn't mad at me for posting this, I was just upset at the time and I'd had a couple of drinks! :oops:

Anyway, the bun run is back on, and I hope all can be made clear once this bun is safe.

Sorry to worry everyone and thank you for your kind words. I'm just so happy the bun is alive and it's not too late to help him! :D

Becca
25-08-2011, 11:04 AM
That is brilliant news:D:D

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 11:05 AM
yay thats good news hun......i hope we get the full story eventually sounds intriging(sp) ........
and ermmmm where was my invite to come out for drinks :shock:

Barn Yard Bunnies
25-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Great news. :wave:

Pie
25-08-2011, 11:11 AM
O.o can't say I am not perplexed but that is good news! :lol:

one of the family
25-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi all
I'm the other RUer Captain Helen mentions. We can't say too much at the moment as the bun is still in situ. :(

Once Helen has him safe we'll tell you the story... promise!

Good luck for this afternoon Helen - I am so very grateful to you for doing this - let's just hope we get the outcome this little bun deserves.

I feel sicky with worry....

Can't wait for some good news xxxx

Will update thread when we can

Positive vibes needed :wave:

LoopyLouie
25-08-2011, 11:21 AM
How bizarre. Glad bun is ok :)

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi all
I'm the other RUer Captain Helen mentions. We can't say too much at the moment as the bun is still in situ. :(

Once Helen has him safe we'll tell you the story... promise!

Good luck for this afternoon Helen - I am so very grateful to you for doing this - let's just hope we get the outcome this little bun deserves.

I feel sicky with worry....

Can't wait for some good news xxxx

Will update thread when we can

Positive vibes needed :wave:

i hope you get the outcome you both want good luck with whatever it is lol

possitive vibes being sent :D:D:D

Tuckerbunnies
25-08-2011, 11:36 AM
We will help all we can :wave:

KarenM
25-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm a little confused :oops: but very happy too. :D

one of the family
25-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone! :wave:

Maysie - we may have to get the other bun too depending on conditions but reading between the lines it doesn't look good does it?

I could pay for neuter and vaccinations for him but I really haven't got room for anymore - could you help?

Any offers of help appreciated.

I also plan to put a request for help with getting 'the bun' from York to South Wales - I think I can do that via Soad - again any help much appreciated.

I don't want to tempt fate so will only do a transport request once Helen has 'the bun' safely in her care!!

Watch this space....

molly35
25-08-2011, 12:10 PM
I would be happy to help with fostering York is only about an hour and a half from Newcastle if we could arrange a bun run.

susie bun
25-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Hope all goes well. :wave:

Boudicca
25-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Intrigued to hear the story!! also hope everything goes well!

Sherlock
25-08-2011, 12:40 PM
fingers crossed

Alibunmum
25-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Hope bun has a safe journey!:wave:

one of the family
25-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Helen's on her way to pick up 'the bun'!!

Fingers crossed everyone.

Hope to update again soon.... :wave:

chelle
25-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Hope it all goes well...wonderful the bunny is still alive

missFloppyears
25-08-2011, 01:15 PM
hope all goes well we are in stoke on trent if you need help with fostering or anything?

Biscuit's Mum!
25-08-2011, 01:16 PM
hope all goes well we are in stoke on trent if you need help with fostering or anything?

That's great news: so chuffed he is OK.

MissFlop, why are you in Stoke when your avatar thingy says Cheshire? Just curious :?

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 01:16 PM
if only i had room i would foster one of them but no hutches spare till i bond my trio (arghhhhhh) as i dont live that far from helen

cant wait to hear the whole story :D

one of the family
25-08-2011, 01:35 PM

Ooh, MissFloppyears - that could be useful. :wave: I will try to arrange a transport run via RU (will PM Soad) but as it is such a long way from York to South Wales, a stopover half way may be very useful especially if we can get a relay run going....

ooh... I'm on pins waiting for news now.

Will update as soon as I hear from Helen - what a star!! xxxxx

one of the family
25-08-2011, 01:55 PM
:wave::wave::wave:

HELEN'S GOT 'THE BUN'!!!! :D:D

She just texted to say she has him, the others didn't look too bad and that she will check him over as soon as she gets home.

Well done Helen - thank you sooooo much xxxx:):):)

littleboots
25-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Well done Helen :D
Can you say what the story is now??

lottielouise
25-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Well done Helen :D
Can you say what the story is now??

:D:D:D:D

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 02:13 PM

She just texted to say she has him, the others didn't look too bad and that she will check him over as soon as she gets home.

yay well done helen and the others involved with this secret mission :D

any chance we are goin to be told whats happening lol

Tuckerbunnies
25-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks everyone! :wave:

Maysie - we may have to get the other bun too depending on conditions but reading between the lines it doesn't look good does it?

I could pay for neuter and vaccinations for him but I really haven't got room for anymore - could you help?

Any offers of help appreciated.

I also plan to put a request for help with getting 'the bun' from York to South Wales - I think I can do that via Soad - again any help much appreciated.

I don't want to tempt fate so will only do a transport request once Helen has 'the bun' safely in her care!!

Watch this space....

We are willing to take both bunnies but with us having bunnies of our own and boarding bunnies we will have to put them in indoor cages on a stand in the hallway (it's a big hallway) as we have no quarantine areas yet and with them obviously not being vaccinated I have to think of all the other bunnies in our care, but we will collect them and keep them here and check them both for you

Maysie x

Tuckerbunnies
25-08-2011, 03:15 PM

Oh just seen this, that is great news :D

missFloppyears
25-08-2011, 03:17 PM
That's great news: so chuffed he is OK.

MissFlop, why are you in Stoke when your avatar thingy says Cheshire? Just curious :?

we are freak stuck slap bang on a border:lol: our adress is stoke on trent our post code is cheshire:lol:

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 03:19 PM
ermmmm can i ask a question.....
one of u keeps saying about one bunny....then another member is mentioning more than one.......is this a familly of bunnies?

missFloppyears
25-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Ooh, MissFloppyears - that could be useful. :wave: I will try to arrange a transport run via RU (will PM Soad) but as it is such a long way from York to South Wales, a stopover half way may be very useful especially if we can get a relay run going....

ooh... I'm on pins waiting for news now.

Will update as soon as I hear from Helen - what a star!! xxxxx

keep us updated if you need anyhelp we are more than happy to help :), :D

whats the story of this wee bun, or are we awaiting to see if the others need rescuing?

Sherlock
25-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Congratulations - really good news one of the bunnies is rescued. What about the other bunnies?

Can we hear about the story now?

poppymoon
25-08-2011, 03:26 PM
i am very confused but glad that bun is safe:)

RubyTed
25-08-2011, 03:27 PM
i am very confused but glad that bun is safe:)

This! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can't wait to see this bunneh, and hear more about it! :)

bunnytoes
25-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Just read all this. Sounds like a very secret mission to help a very lucky bunny or bunnies. Glad that one is safe and in good hands.

Captain Helen
25-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm back with the bunny! :wave:

Here's the picture of him that was on Gumtree...

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/captainhelen/RabbitsUnited/Thumper.jpg

The lady had four buns in total, she was trying to rehome two of them. This bun was in a hutch far too small for him. (Not the hutch in the picture.) It was maybe 4-5ft long, but only about 1ft deep and 1ft high I think. He couldn't stand up in it. :(

I didn't take the other bun as he's only 6months old and smaller. He'll be separated from his brother, that he's been fighting with, now she has a hutch free.

I spoke to the lady last night about collecting him today, but for some strange reason she sent a text to One of the Family last night saying he'd died of myxi. :? Even though I made it clear I was just collecting him for her not for me, I think she used it as an excuse instead of saying someone else was taking him? Does that make sense?! Bit of a sick excuse really! Why not just say someone else is taking him?! All very confusing!

Anyway, he doesn't have myxi and seems in good health. He's currently chomping hay like it's going out of fashion! :)

missFloppyears
25-08-2011, 04:11 PM
what a little cutie. people lie about the sickest things to avoid facing the truth..
he is scrumptious!

Sherlock
25-08-2011, 04:12 PM
He is so gorgeous - he looks like he's dipped his ears in milk chocolate and got a bit on his nose too :love::love::love:

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 04:13 PM
awwwwww what a cutie and well worth all the confusion.....

one of the family
25-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone - thanks for your positive vibes and patience.
Thanks to Helen too for getting this one bun out.

It is quite a long story :oops:

A couple of days ago I was on Gumtree looking for dog crates or indoor rabbit cages in the Cardiff area as we live in South Wales. Somehow - and this really wasn't intentional I ended up looking at rabbits in York - instead of clicking off I looked and there staring back was a little rabbit looking very thin in a dark hutch sat next to a green slime water bottle - I kept looking just torturing myself as I'm sure many of us have done looking at bunny adverts.

I couldn't get the sad little face out of my head so came back to RU having not been on here for months as I couldn't face coming on here after one of our lovely house rabbits had died in a freak accident at home. (Have posted a tribute on Rainbow Bridge - Lily)

Although I have been visiting and posting on RU for a while, very few people know me so I contacted Sue (Honeybunny2007 / Pledge a Pound) as I had previously donated a little bit of money to PAP from the sale of Christmas decorations I made. Between us we contacted a couple of members in the York / Selby areas and without exception all who were contacted replied with offers of help. :wave::wave::wave:

Tuckerbunnies could collect him Saturday and hold him until a bunny run was arranged so I contacted 'the owner' only to find out she is looking to breed.
She was also advertising another male bunny but the photo of him showed him to be at leasting LOOKING more healthy than the other poor little thing. I arranged to have Thumper but wasn't quite sure if she would hold him until Saturday when Mike from Tuckerbunnies could collect and so the lovely Helen (Captain Helen) stepped in and offered to collect Thumper today.

I rang 'the owner', arranged to have him collected by a 'friend' (no mention of RU!!) and then Helen rang to confirm a time and get the address. Helen was due to collect him to day between 1 and 5. 'The owner' however was a bit cagey and offered Helen the other bun instead but Helen explained it was Thumper I had 'fallen in love with' - in truth it just looked like he needed the most urgent help. So all set for collection today, Helen went for a evening out with Zahirre - another one of our would be mission bunpossible!

Late last night I had a really upsetting text from 'the owner' as follows
‘Hi ruth really sorry but just checked on thumper to kiss him night night and be was cold as a bone so really upset to tell u but he has died we think he had a rabbit diease called mixamintosses he had runny eyes today and thought nought of it now he is gone really sorry [name removed] xxx (all her spelling etc not mine!!).

I texted Helen - hence her initial post on here but didn't phone or text the 'owner' back as I was so angry with her - even in his picture you can see he is so thin etc.

Anyway... here's the twist... at 7.30 this morning I had a phonecall from 'the owner' telling me Thumper was all ready to go, that she was expecting Helen and that she was pleased he was going to a good home!!

I was dumbfounded but just went along with it not mentioning the text and casually tried to slip in health questions about Thumper, vaccinated - no, neutered - no, alive - yes :?:?

She then went on to tell me that he did not get her girl rabbit pregnant, would like to breed but doesn't know if she has the time, will probably let the other rabbit go too but keep a male and female and see what happens!

She said I might get a text she had sent in error to me instead of her friend whose rabbit had died and she had texted to say she was sorry to hear that:shock::shock: If you re read the text it is clear she was referring to me (Ruth and her rabbit Thumper as she uses both names)

Helen was able to collect Thumper this afternoon. Helen said that they all needed a cleaning out, the buns were very friendly and affectionate, that the other bun appeared healthy enough but that Thumper is underweight and timid.:(
Helen also thinks that if we take the other boy bun 'the owner' will just replace him with a girl bun for breeding. The owner even mentioned getting a female from a rescue who had already had babies because then she would know that she could get pregnant. Helen of course went down the route of advising about speying / neutering etc but no go it would seem. :roll:

So the thin sad little bun is now hiding in a carrier in Helen's bathroom. He's safe and now we need to arrange a transport run south - can anyone help please?

I will also help with a donation if anyone wants to get the other bun - Helen doesn't think he's in any real danger though, looks well and the chances are he will be replaced.

What do others think - advice and a rabbit run south from York needed please, also possible stop offs on the way as it is over 200 miles.

Helen will upload photos when she can - she is a superstar isn't she!! :)

pepperpot
25-08-2011, 04:39 PM
wow, that's quite some story!
I held my breath just in case it had a sad end:)

Well done to you all.........hope the little chap gets the chance of a happy life now :D

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 04:42 PM
wow...definately mission bunpossible......what a tale....im so glad hes ok tho....its a shame about the other bun but if helen thinks hes not too bad and she will probably replace him with a female is it wise to get him aswell?

does this woman not realise how hard it is to home rabbits at the moment?

good on helen for trying to talk sense but some people are just deaf 2 good advice or stupid....

well done helen waheyyyyyy

p.s i can give a donation for petrol but i wont be able to help in a bunny run :oops:

Georgeypudding
25-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Weird :shock: If the bun is heading this way I should be able to help with a bun run :wave:

Captain Helen
25-08-2011, 04:45 PM
That was a much better explanation than mine!

Here he is!

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/captainhelen/RabbitsUnited/Thumper1b.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/captainhelen/RabbitsUnited/Thumper5b.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae339/captainhelen/RabbitsUnited/Thumper15b.jpg

I've covered the lino with an old curtain now, as he was struggling to walk on it. He's so friendly! He's starting to explore now. The bathroom is his base, and when he settles in I'll let him have a hop around my bedroom.

purplebumble
25-08-2011, 04:46 PM
wow....amazing story!!!

hes very sweet:love:

theres just so much you can bear when it comes to troglodites like that woman....:censored:

if more and more petshops stop selling rabbits then surely the temptation for folks to let their buns have babies for money isnt there anymore?
Then again it will leave folks looking online and getting back yard bred sick little bunnies:(

you cant win can you.

i hope hes going to be ok and gets a place soon.:wave:

jackyshouse
25-08-2011, 04:47 PM
awwwwww hes beautiful :love::love::love:

Zahirre
25-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Oh goodness... SO confusing!

Glad he's alive though :D was horrid getting that text from you last night Helen :(

Anyway woman, text me back! I want to see this bunny boy!!!!

And maybe we can see what we can do about the other buns...

Sherlock
25-08-2011, 05:02 PM
He is so gorgeous - I'm in Surrey so if he comes down anywhere via this area I can give him a stop off and do a bun run to here or away from here.

Does he have a forever home?

jpp
25-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Mystery, intrigue.....and a happy ending.

Well done to all concerned. Just brillliant :D

*Red*
25-08-2011, 05:05 PM
He is gorgeous!!

Well done to all of you for taking on the mission, it sounds like a bit of a nightmare. I hope the other bunny can rescued too.... :(

BeatrixPotter
25-08-2011, 05:10 PM
He is lovely!:love::love: I love his big ears!

Well done for rescuing him.:D

missFloppyears
25-08-2011, 05:19 PM
just looked at his pictures he looks like a youngster.
and a rhinelander!:love:

Boudicca
25-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Awe bless him he's gorgeous, beautiful earsies :love:

littleboots
25-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Well done Helen.... Im so glad he ended up with you... couldnt be anywhere better... and hes gorgeous:love:

one of the family
25-08-2011, 05:49 PM
p.s i can give a donation for petrol but i wont be able to help in a bunny run :oops:

Thanks for that that really is very kind but I will cover all his costs - if anyone is heading south though from York I would love to hear from you :wave:

Rhianna
25-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Not sure where this gorgeous bun is headed for but I am in Hampshire and happy to help with a bun run or an overnight stay (for bun - I don't have any spare beds for a human:()

He looks very happy now. Does he have a name?

one of the family
25-08-2011, 08:42 PM
:wave: I have PM'd Soad to ask for a transport bun run to be posted but in the meantime is anyone heading south from York with room for a bun??? Pretty please??????

He has a name already - Thumper

He also has a forever home with us :D

So... any help with a bun run much appreciated and any possible stop overs too - thanks to those who have already offered stop overs and little chunks of transport - every little bit brings him closer to his new home.

If anyone has any advice on setting a bun run up too I'd be pleased to hear from you....

Oooh, he is lovely isn't he!! :love::love:

Jenova
25-08-2011, 08:52 PM
He's gorgeous!!
He looks like a Rheinlander to me too and they get pretty big, but it might just be his colouring.

one of the family
25-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes, I agree he does look like a Rhinelander - MissFloppyears said that so I googled the breed having never heard of them before and he does look like one.

It doesn't matter what breed he is though does it though it is nice to read about their characteristics etc.

I just want to get him here now - right now - throwing a strop now - having a tantrum :oops::oops:

Bunny Buddy
25-08-2011, 09:13 PM
:wave: I have PM'd Soad to ask for a transport bun run to be posted but in the meantime is anyone heading south from York with room for a bun??? Pretty please??????He has a name already - Thumper

He also has a forever home with us :D

So... any help with a bun run much appreciated and any possible stop overs too - thanks to those who have already offered stop overs and little chunks of transport - every little bit brings him closer to his new home.

If anyone has any advice on setting a bun run up too I'd be pleased to hear from you....

Oooh, he is lovely isn't he!! :love::love:

I could be tempted to head West from York with this bunny :lol::lol::love::love: You most probably don't want me on this bunny run ... just in case.:lol:

I though he looked like a Rheinlander when I was browsing at work but couldn't log in and neither could I spell Rheinlander anyway. He is a very beautiful bunny and a very lucky one too.

Captain Helen
25-08-2011, 09:25 PM
I haven't heard of that breed! :oops: I'll have a little Google now...

I wasn't sure if you wanted to keep the name Thumper, so I wasn't sure if I should mention it! :lol: He's settling in well :) He's loving the apple sticks that arrived today from Fluffers! :)

I don't want to get your hopes up about the bunrun, but I have family in Swansea and my dad will be going to visit my brother sometime over the next few weeks. He wouldn't mind dropping Thumper off on the way. My brother can be a bit hard to pin down though! It might not happen for a couple of weeks, but it's a back up plan if we can't arrange anything sooner! :)

poppymoon
25-08-2011, 09:28 PM
i can see why you've fallen for him ruth:love:

well done helen and i'll keep popping in for updates on the bun run to see if i can help out with part of the journey xxx

Bunny Buddy
25-08-2011, 09:33 PM
I haven't heard of that breed! :oops: I'll have a little Google now...

I haven't come across them a lot but RU member Dayle owned one she got one from Tong Garden Centre at Bradford and when Denise did the bunny run for Little Dot last year we met at said Garden Centre and I saw some Rhinelanders there and they were georgous. They are on my wish list along with Trianthas (I just need to learn how to spell both without looking them up) :lol::lol:

one of the family
25-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I could be tempted to head West from York with this bunny :lol::lol::love::love: You most probably don't want me on this bunny run ... just in case.:lol:

I though he looked like a Rheinlander when I was browsing at work but couldn't log in and neither could I spell Rheinlander anyway. He is a very beautiful bunny and a very lucky one too.

Helen, lock all your doors and windows - we need to keep an eye on this RUer!!! :lol:

I have googled Rhinelander and they do look so very similar. I don't mind what he is - I love him:love::love: (that's if it has been definately established he is a he Helen!!)

Oooh, I am so happy he's safe - thanks everyone for your interest and I'm pleased too there is a possible back up plan for transport. Would you be able to keep hold of him that long Helen? You have already done so much. :wave:

Captain Helen
25-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Helen, lock all your doors and windows - we need to keep an eye on this RUer!!! :lol:

I have googled Rhinelander and they do look so very similar. I don't mind what he is - I love him:love::love: (that's if it has been definately established he is a he Helen!!)

Oooh, I am so happy he's safe - thanks everyone for your interest and I'm pleased too there is a possible back up plan for transport. Would you be able to keep hold of him that long Helen? You have already done so much. :wave:

Just had a little Google, and he does look like a rhinelander. I checked, and he's definitely male! :oops: He has enormous plums! :lol:

I know I said I'd only keep him until Saturday, but now I've met him in the fur... :oops: :lol:

one of the family
25-08-2011, 10:36 PM
I know I said I'd only keep him until Saturday, but now I've met him in the fur... :oops: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ahh... the enemy is within - it's you I have to watch or you'll bounce off into the sunset with my new bun :lol::lol::lol:

All I've had all evening is my daughter Anya saying what's happening now? have we got a rabbit run going yet? When will he be here?? She's now playing with and exercising the hamsters so I have had two minutes peace. :?

I will try to get him sorted as quickly as possible Helen but if you are OK to hold on to him for a while I'll contact Maysie of Tuckerbunnies because she and Mike have been keeping Saturday free to pick him up from you if we hadn't got a run sorted soon. Up to you, let me know and I'll contact Maysie - she has been so kind.

Bunny run south from York anyone???? :wave:

honeybunny
25-08-2011, 10:55 PM
well done to all concerned..a lovely ending:D

Tuckerbunnies
26-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Hi Ruth :wave:
if Helen want's to keep him longer that's ok if you need us at all for anything just pm or contact us we will be here Saturday anyway...no problem :wave:

I can see why Helen would want to keep him longer he's gorgeous :love::love:

helgalush
26-08-2011, 12:30 AM
Well done everyone :) What a handsome little chap :love:

lottielouise
26-08-2011, 12:56 AM
He is stunningly gorgeous!!!

One fo the family when you get him, you must come one more often and share photos I think he has the makings of another RU bunny heart throb!

one of the family
26-08-2011, 01:10 AM
I can see why Helen would want to keep him longer he's gorgeous :love::love:

Not you too Maysie - people here are falling under his spell. The way it's going we won't need a bunny run - he'll have to be smuggled out of Yorkshire and delivered by Securicor and armed guards!! :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you Maysie for your patience - I have pm'd Soad for a bunny run thread but she is obviously offline this evening. I also pm'd Karen one of the new moderators as I want to get a run sorted asap and was hoping that at least if we knew a run was taking place soon, you and Mike wouldn't have to go and collect him Saturday - I can see how busy you are - equally I don't want to take advantage of Helen's generosity either - I'm just so grateful to you all.

I agree with the comments though he is so handsome -that lovely little face and those ears - I love him already but even if he was the scruffiest oddest looking little bun I'd still love him - fate brought him to my attention and with the help of some fantastic RUers, tonight Thumper is safe and well cared for. Awww shucks, I love you guys :love::love::love: :lol::lol::lol:

Hunnybunny2007
26-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Really glad this little chap has got the happy ending he deserves:love: