• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed please

amysb86

Alpha Buck
when separating the mum bun from her kits how do i do it? my babies are of to new homes next week:cry::cry::cry:
and want to know the least stressful way for separating them xx
chloe is going with 2 of her babies to a new home at my friends (i lover her so much but she does not like being a house bun think she misses the outdoors - its breaking my heart but doing it for her) and she is going to stay with them for another week or so untill they have settled then she will be kept separate untill she is spayed and re bonded.
the other 2 babies are staying with me

so help please, very sad dont want any of them to go

How old are the babies currently?

I would separate them into the two groups they are going in, to be honest, and leave the group who are going to be moving, where they lived with mum and the other siblings, and move the others out.

How old are the babies currently?

I would separate them into the two groups they are going in, to be honest, and leave the group who are going to be moving, where they lived with mum and the other siblings, and move the others out.

they are just over 8 weeks x

Well done :) That's the right time to do it, so that's fine. If you can, do it tomorrow to give them all a week to get stable before going anywhere.

have you got the kits properly sexed by a vet? it would dreadful if a boy got the mother pregnant, or if you kept a girl and boy and ended up kits.:shock:

Best option is to leave the babies in the current hutch and move mum out to the new hutch. As mum is moving with the babies then I guess I'd move mum and the two babies else where and then the remaining ones can stay in the current hutch until they are old enough they need splitting in to boys/girls etc.

What are the sexes of the ones going with mum? If they are girls you might not need to split as long as they've stopped feeding.

Best option is to leave the babies in the current hutch and move mum out to the new hutch. As mum is moving with the babies then I guess I'd move mum and the two babies else where and then the remaining ones can stay in the current hutch until they are old enough they need splitting in to boys/girls etc.

What are the sexes of the ones going with mum? If they are girls you might not need to split as long as they've stopped feeding.

im 99% sure the ones going with mum are girls and the ones staying with me are boys gona have them checked tomoz by the vet to double checked as dont want anyone getting pregnant,

Back