• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just did my first home check :-D

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
I'm hopefully rehoming one of my fosters, Bella, to a lovely couple. I went to do the home check today with my RSPCA inspector as I haven't had the training yet to do it on my own. They are truly such good people, have a lovely male bunny called Jason, who we hope will bond with Bella. Jason currently has his own room indoors :shock: but him and Bella will move outside when outdoor accommodation has been sorted.

The couple showed me some of the ideas they had for the future outdoor housing on the web, and they are looking at a massive dog kennel! We'll obviously go back and check again once the new accommodation is in, and i've sent them some links to pics on RU for inspiration, but I think Bella has really fallen on her feet!

I was just really, really pleased that we found such a nice home for Bella to go to :D. I just hope they bond now :lol: It was a good experience for me as my first home check too :D

:wave: Good luck and you're very brave. I'm too much of a wuss to do home checks.

Hope it all works out well.

Good luck with this in the future.

Might help people who are worried about having a check done that it's just as daunting for the checker.

:wave:

How funny to have two rescue bunnies named Bella in the same county at the same time.

I'm so pleased guildford Bella has a new lovely home. :D

How funny to have two rescue bunnies named Bella in the same county at the same time.

I'm so pleased guildford Bella has a new lovely home. :D

I haven't seen the other Bella. Will see if I can find a thread!

It's really strange, because before I fostered this Bella (who came with that name), I was looking after a stray who I'd named....you guessed it...Bella!

Back