• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Self Heating Pet Pads'

getting both could be good as the SS would heat up the self heating pad and when the ss cools down the heat should stay in the self heater

im looking at these..i thought that was similar..but its not.

im going to get bertie a few for the winter...with his arthritis and pasturella hes such a poor old boy..but then again...bluebell makes a good hot water bottle:lol:

this is what i had in mind when you said it..flectabeds...

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=317&pg_id=49

Ooooh they look quite good. They look like a better quality version of what I was looking at.

Yes, I worry about Heather a lot in the winter months. We think she has slight arthritus and I think it is going to start becoming a problem this winter :(

Flectabed is good stuff, the reflective material is stitched into a thin 'duvet' so it won't rustle and move about like the reviews of the one on amazon said! I have one for my arthritic cat and both of them like to sit on it to keep warm.

If your buns are outside though I'm not sure it's really worth it - because it only keeps the body parts directly in contact with the bed warm...so it would be a bit like you having a lovely cosy duvet but only being able to sleep on top of it. It doesn't warm up the air like a snugglesafe does, so even if the bunny bottoms and toes are kept warmer, the rest of their body will still be cold because the air around the rest of them is still cold. I guess you could try putting it on the bottom and then putting loads of straw on top, but I'm not convinced it would be worth doing as they'd probably just sit on the straw and not be in much direct contact with it anyway.

Flectabed is good stuff, the reflective material is stitched into a thin 'duvet' so it won't rustle and move about like the reviews of the one on amazon said! I have one for my arthritic cat and both of them like to sit on it to keep warm.

If your buns are outside though I'm not sure it's really worth it - because it only keeps the body parts directly in contact with the bed warm...so it would be a bit like you having a lovely cosy duvet but only being able to sleep on top of it. It doesn't warm up the air like a snugglesafe does, so even if the bunny bottoms and toes are kept warmer, the rest of their body will still be cold because the air around the rest of them is still cold. I guess you could try putting it on the bottom and then putting loads of straw on top, but I'm not convinced it would be worth doing as they'd probably just sit on the straw and not be in much direct contact with it anyway.

Yeah, the problem is neither Heather or Barty think that logically! :lol: They always seem to prefer to sit in the litter tray or in the open part of the shed on just a fleece blanket! They both tend to ignore the hutch and boxes which I stuff with straw! I was trying to think of ways to keep them a little warmer as the lino'd floor is freezing in the winter and the cold gradually seeps through normal blankets.

Back