• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Non-neutered male & spayed female

Hi, I have a non-neutered mini-lop boy who is approx 8-9mths old.
I originally only intended on getting the 1 bunny and as much as he has lots of human company through the day, i have found myself considering getting him a bunny friend.
Someone suggested that i could not put another male with him unless i get him neutered but that i could put a spayed female with him and i was just after some advice on doing that.
I have enquired about having him neutered but if i'm honest was not expecting it to cost as much as i have been quoted.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Thanks
Nicola:wave:

I just posted this on someone elses thread.

Sky-O said:
I would imagine any female would get so frustrated with being humped left right and centre and would be exceptionally happy, not to mention the damage the little boy would do to his boy bits with 'overuse'. I don't think it would be fair on either party when you put it in such abstract context.

However, some boys don't show any sign of hormones even when they are neuterable, which would mean you might be able to get away with it. Only hindsight (after the rabbit has been neutered) would tell you that though.

Hi, I have a non-neutered mini-lop boy who is approx 8-9mths old.
I originally only intended on getting the 1 bunny and as much as he has lots of human company through the day, i have found myself considering getting him a bunny friend.
Someone suggested that i could not put another male with him unless i get him neutered but that i could put a spayed female with him and i was just after some advice on doing that.
I have enquired about having him neutered but if i'm honest was not expecting it to cost as much as i have been quoted.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Thanks
Nicola:wave:

It is a bit of outlay but it's a one-off. You'll probably find your buck becomes a lot tidier afterwards. :) Apart from unexpected illnesses I find vaccinations the kicker money wise, so I save in advance when I know they are due. :)

Usually this is a nightmare for both female and male as he will literally hump her till he is red raw and she is cross and bad tempered (and may try and bite his privates). However there are exceptions (I have one) who appear to have naturally very low sex drives - but in the rabbit world that is an exception!

I suggest neutering him as well.

Back