• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed Female and Male ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Could a spayed female rabbit be bonded and live happiliy wiht a Non-neututed male until the male was old enought to be neaututed ??
:wave:

I would imagine any female would get so frustrated with being humped left right and centre and would be exceptionally happy, not to mention the damage the little boy would do to his boy bits with 'overuse'. I don't think it would be fair on either party when you put it in such abstract context.

However, some boys don't show any sign of hormones even when they are neuterable, which would mean you might be able to get away with it. Only hindsight (after the rabbit has been neutered) would tell you that though.

I guess if you are talking about 8 week until you neuter at 12 weeks then it may work. It's impossible to predict when a bun will start being hormonal though so no guarantee. Better to go for a slightly older bun ready to neuter :)

I guess if you are talking about 8 week until you neuter at 12 weeks then it may work. It's impossible to predict when a bun will start being hormonal though so no guarantee. Better to go for a slightly older bun ready to neuter :)

can you neatuer a bun at 12 weeks ?

If you've got an experienced vet and the testicles oblige.

Otherwise if your waiting til 4-5 months I think you'd definitely see hormonal behaviour.

i know they can be bonded the other way round tho unspayed female and neutered buck

Anything's possible but females will also mount and hump and the buck may get annoyed and initiate a fight that way too. Also in my experience an unspayed female in full hormones is a fearsome thing to cope with!

Anything's possible but females will also mount and hump and the buck may get annoyed and initiate a fight that way too. Also in my experience an unspayed female in full hormones is a fearsome thing to cope with!

dunno i think males are the worse at humping but yh they all like to go at it :lol:

Back