• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lionheads

lollipop1982

Alpha Buck
Just having a discussion with my OH and just wondered how much a Loinhead rabbit is worth as OH said they are the most expensive

Last edited:
I thought Giants were, cos yknow, they're giant.
I don't think lionheads cost more than any other breed of rabbit. They're a very popular breed.
I know when we were oggling and cootsie lionheads before we got our own cootsie lionhead it was about £35 for a lionhead baby.
Buckley was free though. They always say: the best things in life are free.

OH reckons a pure breed lionhead cost £1000+ which i didnt think was right

It's not right. A pure bred show quality (bleh) double maned lionhead with a clear family history re dental stuff, gut stuff, any hereditary illness really will set you back about £35. Obviously it will be about £50 from a rescue but rescues tend to charge a flat rate as it were regardless of the breed.

Is he sure he's not thinking about ACTUAL lions :lol:

It's not right. A pure bred show quality (bleh) double maned lionhead with a clear family history re dental stuff, gut stuff, any hereditary illness really will set you back about £35.

Is he sure he's not thinking about ACTUAL lions :lol:

Knowing him he probably is. the last person he spoke to paid £2000 for 2 pure breed lionhead rabbits. has anyone heard of this.

thats what i have said but he's having none of it saying thats what purebred lionheads are worth. hes comparing it to a pedigree dog as well.

told him i was really lucky with my 2 lionheads as i get them free and are best things ever.

I got my Albert for £25 from P@h:roll::oops:

I would certainly NOT pay £1000 for any animal!

It wouldnt matter to me if one of my buns were more 'expensive' than the other, they all get the same treatment etc x

Last edited:
We have several lionheads availabe at our rescue, proper mane, bubbly personality, etc, and even kept their mane after moulting. They have great mane genetics. They will be adopted out for £25.

Even from a breeder I would expect them to be a bit more expensive but not astromonically so.

I think you also have to look at what 'worth' means because each rabbit is worth a huge mount (priceless?) regarding of breed.

I do think though, that someone who pays that for two rabbits has more money than sense. :lol: Let's hope he keeps those bunnies, that were that expensive in the most amazing way ever. Reckon they have gold plated toenails? Diamond encrusted teeth?

We have several lionheads availabe at our rescue, proper mane, bubbly personality, etc, and even kept their mane after moulting. They have great mane genetics. They will be adopted out for £25.

Even from a breeder I would expect them to be a bit more expensive but not astromonically so.

I think you also have to look at what 'worth' means because each rabbit is worth a huge mount (priceless?) regarding of breed.

I do think though, that someone who pays that for two rabbits has more money than sense. :lol: Let's hope he keeps those bunnies, that were that expensive in the most amazing way ever. Reckon they have gold plated toenails? Diamond encrusted teeth?

Lets hope they're just diamond encrusted and not diamond; you'd need some really stalky hay to wear those babies down!

When we got Nutmeg her previous owner told us the breeder had told them she was a 'purebred' lionhead but she 'couldn't be bred from because of a congenital milky spot on her eye' so they got her 'at a reduced price' [sic].

I'm now pretty sure she is a nethie cross and my vet says the milky spot is from an old injury. I personally think the breeder wanted shot of her because she was quite aggressive prior to being spayed.

I would say the same thing about my Tink, whi is a lionhead x american sable aparently... and was also free :D

My 2 lionheads are the same. i got them for free but are priceless.

its just OH who said he knows someone who paid that amount. Hopefully they are being well looked after and thats the main thing.

Back