• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wooden/Lino or paving slabs?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
So planning on getting my new dog kennel, for when 4 of mine are opefully bonded!

the one im getting as wood flooring in the bed secton but no flooring in the run section, should I leave it paving slabs, or ask to have wood and then lino it? im thinking leave it with paving as it will be good for their nails, but im not suree

Last edited:
Slabs will wear their nails down better, and if you have a section with a wood floor (warmer in winter) then that should be fine if you leave the rest as slabs :)

Slabs will wear their nails down better, and if you have a section with a wood floor (warmer in winter) then that should be fine if you leave the rest as slabs :)

good good! will make it easier as the kennel comes with just wood in the bed section, saves paying and explaining what to do ha!

and yh wamer in winter! im going to get a little shutter or something put on, so on freeeeezing and i mean like -15 they can be shut in the bed section

I agree with blackers my 6have slabs and i never need to cut their nails. I do check them though. The only problem you can have is sore hocks if your bunny is prone to them to

My rabbits have approx 15 sq ft of wood flooring (hutches) and approx 35sq ft of heavy duty paving. Their nails wear down a treat :D. They don't seem to mind the cold slabs much.

I agree with blackers my 6have slabs and i never need to cut their nails. I do check them though. The only problem you can have is sore hocks if your bunny is prone to them to

oo, none of mine have had sore hocks (touchwood) could mabye put like those picnic blankets on the floor with te plastic on the underside x

So planning on getting my new dog kennel, for when 4 of mine are opefully bonded!

the one im getting as wood flooring in the bed secton but no flooring in the run section, should I leave it paving slabs, or ask to have wood and then lino it? im thinking leave it with paving as it will be good for their nails, but im not suree

I've been looking at these, too. Trying to decide between one of those, playhouse or shed. Is the top of the run covered? Keep looking at all the various websites trying to decide what would be best. :roll:

I've been looking at these, too. Trying to decide between one of those, playhouse or shed. Is the top of the run covered? Keep looking at all the various websites trying to decide what would be best. :roll:

this is the one im going for the 7ft by 3 ft

I personally would leave it as slabs? Only because they are already there, are hard to chew, can be cleaned easily and can't be dug through. Also, if it rains or the floor gets wet, bunnies aren't going to be sliding every which way. I hope this helps, please put up pix when it's all done! :D

I agree with the wet bit. Unfortunately rain has a habit of blowing in all directions, a roof isn't always enough to stop the floor getting wet. Rain puddles really badly on lino and makes it slippy. The rain is absorbed into the slabs so you don't get puddles.

Back