• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help !!!!

jools68

New Kit
I have 3 bunnies ruby is 2 yrs and has not been neutered, rory is 10 months and he is neutered , and roxi is 4 months they have all been getting on really well until tonite, where both ruby and rory r now fighting and chasing roxi !!!! she by the way came into her "prime" last week and wldnt leave rory alone.oh an they r house rabbits. Why the big change in attitude with the older ones and can anybody give advice to resolve it :(

To be blunt, neutering is all that will fix this, and a spot of rebonding. All bunnies should be neutered for a happy, settled bond.

Rabbits are always going to want to set the heirachy, but it's made so much worse when rabbits are hormonal.

Help

thanks for that thought that neutering wld b the answer its just my vet put me off saying that female neutering was more risky than male. Anyway a trip to the vets i think:)

It is a more involved op for the girlies but with an experienced rabbit vet the risk is lessened a lot. Left unspayed they have a very high risk of getting uterine cancer. :)

thanks for that thought that neutering wld b the answer its just my vet put me off saying that female neutering was more risky than male. Anyway a trip to the vets i think:)

Your vet is right but it shouldn't be a reason not to do it. If you vet is saying this, it may be because he/she is not confident in his/her abilities. Some vets try and put people off because they just don't want to do the op!

In the right hands a healthy rabbit should have no issues being neutered regardless of sex.

Back