• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My hutch shutters!

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
Here are my shutters! My dad got the wood from work (he's a builder) and i cut it. As you can see they are held in place by swivel latches. I have left a gap at the top for ventilation. All i need to do now is re felt the roof, wait for my tarpaulin to arrive and paint the hutch, then i will be ready for the winter!

IMG_2866.jpg

:rabbit2:

Last edited:
Looks good Dan :D what are you going to use to paint it all? Cuprinol Shades is good, I'd be careful about ventilation while that dries off though.:wave:

Looks good Dan :D what are you going to use to paint it all? Cuprinol Shades is good, I'd be careful about ventilation while that dries off though.:wave:

I dont know yet? My dad has some stuff he painted the chicken coop with the other week, i might use that. (same stuff as the stain on the shutters)

I dont know yet? My dad has some stuff he painted the chicken coop with the other week, i might use that. (same stuff as the stain on the shutters)

Ok just bear in mind that the buns might chew whereas the chooks don't, the rabbits paint needs to be pet safe, it might well be the stuff your dad has is safe, but just thought I'd mention it as you'll need to leave the shutters off for ventilation when painting etc :wave:

Ok just bear in mind that the buns might chew whereas the chooks don't, the rabbits paint needs to be pet safe, it might well be the stuff your dad has is safe, but just thought I'd mention it as you'll need to leave the shutters off for ventilation when painting etc :wave:

we painted the guinea pigs hut with it and they have chewed it and they are fine. I will only be painting the outside anyway. I think what i will do is put the rabbs in the metal run in the morning, paint the hutch, put rabs in dog crate overnight and put them in the hutch the next day.

we painted the guinea pigs hut with it and they have chewed it and they are fine. I will only be painting the outside anyway. I think what i will do is put the rabbs in the metal run in the morning, paint the hutch, put rabs in dog crate overnight and put them in the hutch the next day.

Oh Ok it prob is pet safe then which is handy for you. That should be OK then, yes I'd assumed you'd only be doing the outside, that sounds like a good idea just to be on the safe side :)

I decided as it was their birthday and the weather was good i would start painting today!
and Mum says she will take me to get some roofing felt at some point which is good! :)

I decided as it was their birthday and the weather was good i would start painting today!
and Mum says she will take me to get some roofing felt at some point which is good! :)

That's good, I think as it's their birthday you should get them a treat aswell, maybe some dill :D:wave: hope they have many happy returns:love:

They prefer mint! :)

:lol: mint for tea then. I've got loads of mint, I planted a couple of the supermarket pots after I'd used the mint not expecting them to take but they did and have gone mad - mine aren't keen on mint typical eh!

Back