• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neglected family of rabbits

leanne2525

Warren Scout
we collected these rabbits the female is under a year old and had 9 litters one after another, the last being only last week which she killed she has 5 week old babies with her but they are the size of 3 week olds , they kept her with a boy rabbit twice her size i dont know what breed he is maybe lop cross he is dark brown on top and orange underneath id say year to 18 months old he has been biting her and mating on her non stop and from size of him eating all the food, he is nervous but not aggressive and the female is very friendly but so saggy where she is continually filled with milk and pregnant and has bite marks and bald patches over her, the babies are nervous but not been handled too much, the people was told they was two females but after first litter surely you would have seperated them and stop unwanted babies, they have been checked over and in good heatch considering the mum just needs a long rest and NO more babies, I will be looking for a home for dad but will keep mum till I know these no more babies on the way then she will be looking for a loving home

female i have named Dolly
DSCF0600.jpg

DSCF0557.jpg

bite mark on neck
DSCF0554.jpg

bald fur
DSCF0569.jpg

babies
DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

Dad i named Fred
DSCF0595.jpg

DSCF0597.jpg

DSCF0591.jpg

they said they had no where to seperate them yet they was in double 4 ft cage surly they could put wood over hole and took ramp out to make 2 temp hutches to stop her getting pregnant :-(

Back