• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding for the fluffiest bun in bunnydom

Sue_pawz

Young Bun
As I've mentioned, I'm fostering 2 baby bunnies for a local charity. One of them, Cookie, is the fluffiest thing I've ever seen :love:

utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDctMjAxMTA4MDQtMjEwOC5qcGc.jpg

With my other bunnies, they simply get a cage full of hay and a litter tray of wood based cat litter, and that's fine, but with Cookie the hay gets caught in her fur, so do any poos she hasn't done in her litter tray, and she's been struggling to clean herself properly.

This meant I had to spend a long time the other day cleaning her bum, cutting away dirty fur, getting rid of rogue caecals :? which wasn't nice for either of us. This is despite me checking her every day.

Anyway, can anyone think of good bedding for her? I don't want to use newspaper as it will make her beautiful white fur dirty. I'd rather not have her just on the bare cage floor, it would seem so mean. I'm lifting her hay up into the hay rack (I've never known an animal like using the hay rack, which is why it's not currently in use).

Thanks!

Awww what a gorgeous girl :love:

If shes litter trained you could easily have her on towels, blankets or vet bed. You might need to secure them down to prevent her digging them up tgough :wave:

When I had Belle indoors with Bunsk, she just had the bottom of the dog crate with nothing on it. They both seemed to prefer it that way :lol:

I was wondering about towels or something (will raid the towel collection when OH isn't looking). I might just put them under the litter tray end - she's litter trained for wee so it's fine. The bare plastic just looks so sparse!

And she is gorgeous, isn't she? :love:

Oh bless. We use newspaper and hay in the trays for Smudge and most of the time he's ok now and doesn't turn into a fur monster. The rest is lino and blankets or duvets.

I've put an old towel in there, her hay is up on a rack and she seems to like it. I've seen her eating it, which I didn't before. Hopefully this'll work.

She did NOT want me to check her bum just now. It seemed ok though from the brief look I got!

Back