• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe heat pads.

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
Do you all use them in winter?
Do your rabbits wee on them? (mum says i cant put it in the microwave if they wee on them)
How long do they stay warm for?
Do i need 1 per bunny?
Do you use them in the day time too?
Are they worth the money paid? (about £15)

My hutch will be covered with:
1st layer - Clear plastic waterproof thing (for daytime during snow)
2nd layer - Hessian double over
3rd layer - Green Tarpaulin
and have a cat flap between the two hutch rooms to reduce drafts. In the bedroom their will be a cat bed (and possibly a straw box too).

oh and when should i start covering the hutch?

I think they stay warm for about 8 hours, but I don't know if its different depending on what size snugglesafe you get. If your rabbits often sit together, I think you would only really need one, but if you could get 2 it would be warmer for them. I haven't got one yet, but I think they are worth the money, in a few weeks when I've got more money I'm going to buy a few for my rabbits and guinea-pigs, and £12 is a good price compared to other shops (pets at home sell them for £22) :)

Spenser has his all year round, but only lightly heated in the summer. :oops: In the winter he will have two, fully heated, or interchanged throughout the day/night. I may even buy another one as he is a single rabbit so doesn't have the warmth of a bunny friend.

He has never done a wee on them, but they have fleece covers that you can wash.

i've got one per bun but only use them when its nippy (my rule is if i need a coat then they get a snugglesafe :lol:) they're quite lukewarmish in the morning so not sure how much use they are in the early hours when it always seems coldest, so I try and put them out as late as possible.

You can take the covers off before microwaving, and even put them on their own plate so they don't tuch the turntable - I had to start doing this after my OH reheated a sausage roll directly on the turntable and i pointed out i warmed the snugglesafes on there (minus covers), he had a complete freak about it, although i still think he was in the wrong for not puttng the sausage roll on a plate :roll:

Mine have never wee'd on them.

Does anyone use them with Guinea pigs?

Lots of people on the guinea-pig forum use them for their guinea-pigs, and when I get some snugglesafes my guinea-pigs will be using them too. I'm moving my guinea-pigs into the shed for the winter but it will still be quite cold for them, will your guinea-pigs be outside in the winter too?

I've got 2 - a night one and a day one - i can rotate them then. 1 between the 3 of them should be fine.

Back