• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broken bond - warning signs

Buzzybunny

Young Bun
Can any one tell me if there are any early warning signs that a bond might be breaking - this is before any fighting, bullying etc.

My two are not snuggling as much as they used to but are still grooming each other lots. I'm hoping that it's just because of the heat but would be grateful if anyone knows of any early warning signs so I can keep an eye out.

Thanks!

yes id say its jsut the heat also they do go through phases where they arent as loved up as always i think the first signs are chasing (but not the playful kind) and then you will notice fighting until then there usually arent any signs most bonds dont break unless something causes it ie illness or hormones or changes to thier enviroment. x

Thanks bunlover, fingers crossed I'm just being paranoid!

Came home to find them snuggling which was a lovely sight but then Woody to start trying to hump Buzz. Fortunatly it didn't go very far, Buzz ran away and Woody didn't really bother to chase. Buzz lowered his head and Woody licked it.

Do you know if they continually reaffirm the heirarchy even when neutered? I've noticed this sort of behaviour before, it never gets nasty but they seem to do it every few months and then settle down and each time I panic!

Back