• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone been in garden...

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
I'm fuming, i've been to see the midwife this morning, so popped home on my way back to work to see the puppy and the buns and when i walked round to the back garden to open the door i noticed the rain covers on J&J's run were compeltely off and on the roof of their hutch and the cover over the top of Nutmegs run was pulled right back too :evil:

I know for a fact they were all covered up when i left this morning as I did their big clean last night and made sure they were all watertight before i went in because i knew rain was due for the next few days.

i can't believe someone would do that, and how dare they? i suspect it might be the neighbour he's a bit of a nosey poke and i caught him feeding our puppy over the fence the other night (although he didn't see me) and he was really sick in the night (looked like some cheap crappy meat strip thing he'd given him) I hope to god he hasn't been feeding the buns, but even if he has you wouldn't think he'd be as bold as to take the whole ruddy covers off - its not like i wouldn't notice when i got in is it?!

Luckily it had only just started raining but already their litter tray and hay was wet :( I'm just so please i went home.

I'm calling for some padlocks on my way home tonight (they used to be padlocked at our old house but they went rusty so binned them, typical :roll:) and when i see the neighbour will ask him if he saw anyone in our garden and say how livid i am and see what his reaction is. Rant over.

How rude of anyone to just go in your garden, even if it is your neighbour.

Lucky you went home and noticed so can stop them getting wet, glad the bunnies are ok, the pure cheek of some people, you'd think whoever it was would at least put things how they found them so you'd never know.

How rude of anyone to just go in your garden, even if it is your neighbour.

Lucky you went home and noticed so can stop them getting wet, glad the bunnies are ok, the pure cheek of some people, you'd think whoever it was would at least put things how they found them so you'd never know.

Exactly! it's like they've decided that it was wrong they were covered up so have decided to take matters into their own hands and to uncover them up themselves. The neighbour said he used to have rabbits and he built nutmegs hutch and run so thats what makes him No.1 suspect!

As it hapens they tend to choose to sit in the wet given the choice but they keep dragging their litter tray out from under the hutch into the open bit and i didn't want to wood pellets getting wet as it all sticks to their fur. for th odd shower i leave them open but when a few days rain is due i cover them up.

I put little padlock hasps on the chicken coup and Poppys run (she already had one on the shed door). We have had workmen in for the last month and I really didnt want them nosying at any of the animals:evil:

They were really easy to fit...might be worth doing that just in case they feed them anything they shouldn't?

is that not tresspassing? and therefore a criminal offence?
i'd get the police involved if it were me, if you found someone had been in your home you'd call them, even if it were local kids "mucking about" the police need to know statistics.

Back