• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Box

LoopyLou2087

Warren Scout
:wave: My girls are 12 weeks, and I've been putting a litter tray with hay and straw in their cage with them in their fave peeing corner, and :D they're using it all the time. I'm well chuffed! I know this could change when hormones kick in etc, but for now I'm really pleased.
My question is, now that they're using their litter tray consistently, if I let them have a bigger area to roam in, for instance my rather big living room, will they still go back to their litter tray to pee? Or will they find a corner in there? Or worse, use my furniture?! I have to be a little careful because my house is rented, and also my husband doesn't like animals, and he HATES their mess! I don't want him getting cross with me! (though it might be worth it anyway :lol:!)

Everybun is different, but the earlier you train, often the better.

Biccy was trained from ~10 weeks and is immaculate with a litter tray (they have 2 litter areas, in the whole house and he uses them perfectly.

Ginger on the other hand, wees and poos everywhere :lol:

You may need more than one litter tray....each pre-scented with some soiled bedding from the tray in their hutch and with lots of fresh hay in...buns like to eat and poop at the same time so give them plenty to munch on whilst sitting in the trays and it will attract them and encourage them to do it in the right place xxx

Back