• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rabbit <3

BexPets

Warren Scout
Yesterday we bought home a little lilac mini lop doe. We bought a box with us, but misjudged her size, and she was so small she slid around in the car. So I held her firmly on my lap: she buried her face in my sleeve and stayed perfectly still for the whole journey.
We've been looking for a friend for our dutch for a few weeks now, and checked all the local rescues, but their females are either already bonded, over 4 years old, or a breed too large for us to currently accommodate.

We've named her April, because she was born in April, and Freyja, after the norse God. So her full name is April Freyja. She's 4 months old, and is shy and tame at the moment, but loves exploring. She stepped on my laptop keys, the screen lit up, and she ran across the room.

I've never had a mini lop before. The breeder thinks she's fully grown now, but she still seems so small.

Anyway, pictures :)

SAM_6995.jpg

SAM_7012.jpg

SAM_7068.jpg

SAM_7070.jpg

SAM_7071.jpg

This is the muesli she was being fed on at her previous home. We're going to wean her onto pellets as soon as possible.
SAM_7007.jpg

Thanks. Just putting the mattress back on and screwing it back together...

April is now dozing on my lap <3

We've just to take apart a bed to get her out from underneath.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That must be a mini lop thing as Pie does the EXACT same thing!

April is sooo beautiful! :love: :love: :love: Pie is a small mini lop and is about 1.47kg's which is 3.2lbs. I believe this is around the weight mini's should be when fully grown. April dowsn't look fully grown, mainly because she still has a 'baby' face and her ears still look too big for her body! :lol: :love: :love:

Thanks,
I did think she was a bit small. Our dutch is about twice the size at the moment and a lot more chunky... will this affect the partnership?

Her ears are a bit long, come to think of it:
SAM_7093.jpg

No I don't think and size difference will affect the bonding, Jack's-Jane on here has Morse (medium sized bunny) and Big Libby (a huge 7kg white) and they are perfectly happy together :)

Back