• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny proffing

shadow05

Mama Doe
i know that i shud have done this properly the first time around but i did actually do it properly the first time but ive decorated my room and not took inaccount that furniture and electricals have been moved around and a lot of wires are now just exposed.

now scooter didnt use to have a go at cables but lately he has and since then ive had to keep him in his cage until i cud sort something out but ive been busy with some problems ive been hving and other stuff. anyways i have no money and i cant lend any ive tried my absolute best to hide most of them but there are some that he can still have a go at.

is there anything that i cud do like put lemon on the cables to make it so that hell just think its discutisng and just leave them alone?

he was doing really well while he was out and i want him to have that freedom but while its dangerous for him id rather keep him in cage then risk it.

Not really. If he wants to get to them, he will, no matter waht you do.

I do know one thing that may 'delay' his getting to them thuogh and its something i did, before i proofed better...

Long wrapping paper cardboard tubes. Thread the cables through them, then selotape all over the cardboard tube, not leaving ANY cardboard showing. It's harder to get a purchase on slippery selotape.

It held Biccy off and gave me enough time to notice if he was going for an area.

thats a really good idea but i dont have any tubes or anything i have sellotape though.

its hard to explain but ill put a picture up soon so that i can show u. most of the cables near my bed are either hidden or have cable protects on which he doesnt like to chew on? i dont know why.

but he keeps having a go at my lamp and the bits of cable that are not protected i do unplug and switch everything off before i leave him in room and try and remove as many wires as i can but theres still some that i cant id or anything.

i am thinking about moving things around again so that he can have a bigger pen but the only problem is i havent anything to cover the floor i did have tiles but i had to take half of it away because it had gotten destroyed some how while i was deocrating all ive got now is is half the tiles and a rug which hes had it still trying to chew my moms also got some lino but shes thinking about using it on the bathroom floor but i told here that scooter wouldnt destroy it and that i cud use it until then seen as its going to be ages until she gets the chance to use it.

here are the pics:

26072011478.jpg

this is were all the cables and that are next to the bed most of them have been covered up by either cable protectors hidden behind furniture.

srry about the pics i cant get a clear picture of all the cables.

the picture below is scooters home which i know is small but i havent got any money at the moment to extend or make it look better.

26072011480.jpg

Shall I tell you what I would do? ;) I'd cover the wires in plastic stuff (they do a nice one in Ikea, chewable if bunny is determined but a good line of defence, and then erect a little NIC panel wall in front of the wires. OR, instead of NIC panels, use the pen to hide them behind and get rid of the enclosure. :)

Shall I tell you what I would do? ;) I'd cover the wires in plastic stuff (they do a nice one in Ikea, chewable if bunny is determined but a good line of defence, and then erect a little NIC panel wall in front of the wires. OR, instead of NIC panels, use the pen to hide them behind and get rid of the enclosure. :)

id love to do that but i cant i have no money at the moment ive got a couple of job interviews lined up at the moment but still got yet to see if i get it. as for getting rid of the enclosure i cant because of the family dog and the fact that my brothers cant leave anything in my room no matter wat i do. :evil:

the most i can give him is time out of his pen when im in the house but when i leave the house i have to put him away. my moms told me that because he was well behaved while i was doing the decorating in my room that she doesnt mind having him down here again and id love to have him donw stairs hes a lot more nicer i think he likes the company but my mom smokes and the family dog is down stairs as well. :(

i wish i had some money for once.

Bunnies cost money I'm afraid, it's one of those things.

i know at the moment im very lucky because i foresaw that i wudnt have any money for a while and stocked up on a lot of things the only thing i didnt get enough of was hay but i think i cant scrouge some money from somewhere for it.

I'm not Biscuit's Mum but it's not flexible. It's designed to stick to the wall, you put the cables in and the cover clips on the front. :)

kool thats right fanacy :lol: its better than wat ive got now if scooter ever decided that he didnt care much about the taste of the current cable protectors or watever put him offs ill be screwed :shock::(

Back