• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! Digging/chewing the carpet

Bellatrix18

Warren Scout
Sorry for the long post!

My wildie Logan has started to chew the carpet by his bedroom door. He is a house bunny with his own room and he's let out for free range time during the day. But when he's shut in his room he tries to dig out under the door. The hole in the carpet is now about 12x6 inches and it's still growing :shock:

I feel awful because I know it's because he wants to be out and he's bored. I have filled his room with toys and I spend as much time as I can with him but its apparently not enough for Logan :(

I'm also worried about his health as I don't think carpet is particularly good for him-He is only ripping it up, not eating it, but I'm worried he may eat some and make himself ill...

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm saving up to get some lino for his room soon which might stop the digging/chewing but that wont get rid of his boredom. I am guessing a bunny friend will also help him a lot but he isn't neutered yet as his plums haven't dropped yet and with him being a wildie they may not for another 6 months (he's about 3 months old atm)

If anyone has any advice I'd be so grateful! Thanks a lot!

Hopefully Tamsin will see this, she has a wildie too.

A friend might help. Mine calmed down quite a bit once they had a friend, also neutering might help. In the meantime would a baby gate help? So he can see people around?

Back