• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pooping Problem!

My rabbit who is now 4 has suddenly started pooing outside of her bedroom. She poos and wees in the other section of her hutch. She has never done this before, but has started doing it over the last 3 weeks. I thought it might be a phase but she's still doing it. Any ideas how to make her go back into the bedroom? I'm worried as she is pooing near her feeding area.

No, absolutely nothing. I am mystified why she has started doing this. She is perfectly healthy, good teeth, good weight, eating same as usual, no sniffles. So weird.

Hmm and is she spayed? Has someone near you recently bought a rabbit/ new pet? It's usually a territory thing if I remember. Someone may come along who knows more than I do

It might be that that's causing it then. Just scoop it up and put it back in her litter tray and she'll learn that her territory is that litter tray. :wave:

I would advise getting her spayed though, if you get the chance. Female rabbits have a very high chance of getting ovarian cancer and it should stop this behaviour.

Back