• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bunney palace (lots of pics)

Hi all, finally finished the rabbits new house and they are all moved in and having a great time.

First I painted the sections
P7220016.jpg

Then put my 2 year old to work!
P7300002.jpg

Husband 'helping'!
P7310003.jpg

Getting there
P7310005.jpg

Meshed inside as they are chewers
P7310006.jpg

Outside with catflap
P8010010.jpg

with attached run (the puppy pen is normally across the garden to fence off the end which isn't bunny proof, will put it back like that soon)
P8210001.jpg

Front with internal recycled front of hutch door which was modified
P8220002.jpg

Inside
P8220003.jpg

P8220004.jpg

P8220005.jpg

Getting the seal of approval
P8220006.jpg

Recycled hutch cover and spare roof to form sunshade/rain cover
P8220010.jpg

P8220008.jpg

View from my study, can see them while I work
P8220011.jpg

I know there are loads of piccies :shock:, but sometimes nice to see the process if you are thinking of doing one yourself :)

Thanks for sharing, looks fab :) I'm looking for idea's to do something similar. Without sounding really dim, can I ask why you put mesh around the inside and on the outside where the run is? Been meaning to ask someone but haven't got around to it :D

Thanks for sharing, looks fab :) I'm looking for idea's to do something similar. Without sounding really dim, can I ask why you put mesh around the inside and on the outside where the run is? Been meaning to ask someone but haven't got around to it :D

My boys like to chew which was one of the reasons to get the playhouse before the weather gets colder and before they chewed right out!
I put it on the outside too just where the attached run went on otherwise they would chew outside in too!

Brilliant work :thumb:

P.S Where did you get the wood from My dad wants to build a hutch :wave:

Thanks
Well most was recycled, I put their hutch inside a playhouse I bought, took the bottom floor and doors off. The inside door was the bottom doors off the hutch just built into a new door, I used weather treated batons for this from homebase, I sanded and then covered the inside of the door with mesh so they won't chew. I used an off-cut of lino for the floor, if you are building your own I recommend doing this as it makes it so easy to clean them out. I think the best wood is fir to build a hutch as rabbit friendly. I'm sure some one more knowledgeable will be able to confirm.

Back