• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheds ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Are rabbits ok to be kept in sheds that arent shiplap ! The reason I ask is becasue i have seen one that i like but it isnt shiplap and looks more like fencing wood.
Would it be ok or does it need to be shiplap ? :wave:

They aren't as secure and won't last as long, but the rabbits will be okay in them. You might have to protect the insides if they like to chew, but they could chew shiplap too.

I think the only issues with the overlap ones (the ones that look more like fences), is that they may not provide such good protection against the outside, and the fact that the gaps between the wood can be enough for buns to get their jaws around and chew.

I would have thought both of these can be remedied by insulating the inside a bit (maybe by putting bubble wrap or the silver backed insulation around the inside), and by boarding out the lower parts and any other edges where the buns can reach with some cheap plywood. This will stop those nasty winds coming through the gaps in the wood, and stop buns from chewing their way out :)

There would be an argument, though, that having boarded out, and insulated etc, it may work out cheaper just to go for a t&g one instead.

Yes its fine, you just have to maybe cover the bottom areas with something, or put non-chewing bunnies in! :lol:

Back