• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When you go to a rescue..

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Do you take presents for the buns ?
And what do you take ?

Just making a list, so far I've thought of hay tubes, with pellets inside.

Any other things ?

There's a P@H opening near me, so might go in take a look at what stuff they have.

Old towels, blankets, toilet mats, cleaning stuff, empty storage boxes that the bunnies can play in.

u dont necessarilly have to take toys it was just i thought that if i ever went to a rescue i think those things i listed would be what i would take as they always seam in need of them :oops:

u dont necessarilly have to take toys it was just i thought that if i ever went to a rescue i think those things i listed would be what i would take as they always seam in need of them :oops:

I've gathered loads of tubes for them, that's for the buns
The other stuff can be for the rescuers :)

ETA: by rescuers I mean humans..

Sometimes when I go up to my local rescue I take some treats that the rescue would find difficult to provide for all the bunnies due to cost e.g. organic treats etc. Or take a nice treat that you've foraged or grown yourself.

However, I would check with the rescue first as there are certain things they might not be able to make use of or which might make life difficult e.g. when cleaning out. Also I'd be surprised if P@H could provide healthy bunny treats as from what I've seen so far all bunny things have ingredients they aren't supposed to have e.g. honey, high sugar levels etc.

Sometimes when I go up to my local rescue I take some treats that the rescue would find difficult to provide for all the bunnies due to cost e.g. organic treats etc. Or take a nice treat that you've foraged or grown yourself.

However, I would check with the rescue first as there are certain things they might not be able to make use of or which might make life difficult e.g. when cleaning out. Also I'd be surprised if P@H could provide healthy bunny treats as from what I've seen so far all bunny things have ingredients they aren't supposed to have e.g. honey, high sugar levels etc.

I'm going to take cleaning stuff if not the sprays etc, I'll take tissues, newspaper and hay tubes.

I'm going to take cleaning stuff if not the sprays etc, I'll take tissues, newspaper and hay tubes.

^^ sounds great & Im sure they will be very pleased!

Also any fleece blankets - for sore hock bunnies and also you could gather a bin bag full of hawthorn and take that as treats! It dries well and is great fibre to add everyday to the buns diets...:wave:

Back