• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are mirrors ok to use for light reflectance?

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
would my bunnies get upset if they can see themselves in a mirror? i am thinking o ways to get more light in our wendy house as its completely in the shade as we have no where else to put it really? i am getting hubby to put perspex vision panel in the bottom of the door but even though it has two windows (perspex very dirty though so may replace ) how else to get extra light in there as cant get electric lighting

also any suggestions regarding using proper glass incase of falling off and breaking can you get the plastic type mirrors that stick on as want my buns to be safe too!

would my bunnies get upset if they can see themselves in a mirror? i am thinking o ways to get more light in our wendy house as its completely in the shade as we have no where else to put it really? i am getting hubby to put perspex vision panel in the bottom of the door but even though it has two windows (perspex very dirty though so may replace ) how else to get extra light in there as cant get electric lighting

also any suggestions regarding using proper glass incase of falling off and breaking can you get the plastic type mirrors that stick on as want my buns to be safe too!

Some bunnies love admiring themselves in mirrors :lol:. Lots of people on here have mirrors in their bun accommodation, so I'd say go for it. It will add a bit more interaction for them as well as helping with the light problem :)

Personally, I would think your playhouse is better off being sited in the shade anyway, as it means it won't get too hot in this sunny weather :)

I had a full length mirro situated in my living room for a while whilst I found the right place for it to go in the bedroom, bunny loved going behind it but took no notice whatsoever of her reflection... the cat on the other hand was most put out by the mirror and spent quite alot of time looking at it to try and suss it out :) I wouldnt say it would do any harm, my bunny clearly thinks there is no need to check herself in the mirror as she is perfect enough already :lol::love:

also on another note I noticed a post earlier about those stick on round lights (battery powered) you can get them from homebase and i expect they would be quite useful to get a bit of extra light without wires etc... They are useful for putting inside wardrobes as well ;) xx

also on another note I noticed a post earlier about those stick on round lights (battery powered) you can get them from homebase and i expect they would be quite useful to get a bit of extra light without wires etc... They are useful for putting inside wardrobes as well ;) xx

def going to look for those this week thank x:love:

Some bunnies love admiring themselves in mirrors :lol:. Lots of people on here have mirrors in their bun accommodation, so I'd say go for it. It will add a bit more interaction for them as well as helping with the light problem :)

Personally, I would think your playhouse is better off being sited in the shade anyway, as it means it won't get too hot in this sunny weather :)

yep agree its been warm here today couldnt wait get home from work and open the doors so could get into the run and get some air in the window was open but nothing like having the doors open on the shed and wendy house when i am home to keep eye on things

yeah shade is good i feel terrible for where we situated out shed for the others it has sun most of day but has very large window so hoping that helps lino floor to keep them cool too x

my Digit loved the mirror he used to have in his cage when he was inside, I lost it when moving him outside, he used to sit and look at him self for quite a while, and would then nudge it as if nudging his own nose lol

Back