• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chudleys..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Eww is all I'm going to say. It is what Lola is on and my sisters friends mom was like "They didn't have any of the food that the rabbit you had from us before had so we picked this one up." (Donny had some baby rabbit food rubbish but not as bad as this :?) EWW, it's so gross.. Starting tonight I'm moving her onto Science Selective because it's just nasty :roll: the texture and look of it.. just ewww :? It's giving her runny poos, she eats loads of hay but even when we went to get her she had poo all over her feet, so from her poos or her siblings :(

Chudley's Rabbit Royale?

My lot have it mixed with SS and have no probs, but do get sticky bums with Excel :(

:lol: Chudleys Rabbit Royale is lovely, my buns have this with SS pellets mixed in, I adopted a bun who spent 4 years on mix so this was my saviour to trick him into eating his pellets, it's good value and actually a very nice quality mix as mixes go, mine have about a handful every 24 hours with their pellets mixed in and are fab they selectively feed on the pellets if anything so all good :D

ETA I had chalky white urine with excel aswell as my buns do get good fresh foods daily and it was too high in calcium with the fresh they get.

Mine have rabbit royale and science selective too. I love RR and the buns pick it out first before the pellets! I haven't had any bottom probs with it though.:wave:

Spenser was on it when he came to me. :) The only reason I changed him was that he had a tendency to selective feeding so wasn't getting all the nutrients he needed.

I use Dodson and Horrell rabbit pellets (same company as chudleys). It costs me £9 for a 20kg sack so lasts me ages.

I hate the texture of it lol, it feels damp all the time :lol: The cat seems to like it.. had a mouthful when I wasn't looking then just left half of it on the table *bleugh* :roll::lol: Lola is really picky with it, she eats the flowery bits and the big pellets but then leaves everything else so I have to pick it all out and it gets under my nails lol :|

But because she is so tiny I can't imagine her eating the big SS pellets :lol: Donny scoffs them but she eats like a lady :D And Poppy just pushes you out of the way so she can eat :lol:

Some buns just can't handle certain foods. I guess its different for everybun :)

I agree. I had a bun who would get the runs if she even looked at a normal SS pellet but was fine on mature. We won't mention what happened with Excel but it wasn't pretty. All our buns are different and dry food seems to be a bit trial and error with some until you get it right.

I think I will always stick with an extruded pellet but I'm not going to condemn people for using Chudleys as I think it's pretty well nutritionally balanced just not my choice of rabbit food.

Back