• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo's with tails..

lilgems91

Mama Doe
Hey guys,

Have just been cleaning out Benji and have noticed he has done some poo's and they have like a little stalk attatched to them!? I know this sounds strange but hard to describe what they look like. Not all of them are like it, just a couple, and a few are joined by this string..

He has had them before but curious to know what they are.

Its his gut passing the fur he's ingesting through grooming.

The fact they are coming out is excellent, as it means his gut is processing it well :wave:

This sounds like the kinda poo's that are passed during moulting. Finding poo's like this is good as it means that the fur is passing through bunster and not causing an internal blockage.

Do you groom your bun?

Its his gut passing the fur he's ingesting through grooming.

The fact they are coming out is excellent, as it means his gut is processing it well :wave:

Phew, so glad to hear that, I was so worried there was something wrong with his gut!! :shock:

He doesnt like being groomed with a brush, but will let you stroke him. Ive noticed at night he grooms himself a lot, he seems a very hygenic bunster :)

He doesnt like being groomed with a brush, but will let you stroke him. Ive noticed at night he grooms himself a lot, he seems a very hygenic bunster :)

If he is moulting then you can try grooming him with wet hands, i have read before that it gets loose hairs out. I am lucky, my two don't mind the grooming comb.

If he is moulting then you can try grooming him with wet hands, i have read before that it gets loose hairs out. I am lucky, my two don't mind the grooming comb.

Aha your lucky, benji gets it out of my hand and chucks it! Thats a good idea, wil try the wet hands grooming!

So its good that he is producing these kind of poo's then, nothing to worry about? :D

The poo's are fine. The only thing i would be trying to do is limit the amount of fur that he injests by grooming him x

Will do :) A few weeks ago I bought something from vet uk called treat ums, hairball remedy- and it says it "helps prevent & remove hairballs"..is it worth giving him some of these? They say to prevent hairballs give 1 treat every 3-4days and tp remove hairballs 2 trets per day for 3 days.

I bought these when I noticed him grooming himself more :)

Back