• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Speedy recovery vibes for Skye & Q re snugglesafe

Skyes at the vets today getting spayed. Please can she have some nomming and speedy recovery vibes for after?

Just been setting up her cage, is it necessary to give her a snuggle safe?

Vibes for Sky.

Don't know about the snuggle save, but offer her all her favorite foods amd you may want to unse kitchen paper to layout where ever she sleeps to ensure the wound is kept nice and clean.

Vibes for Sky.

Don't know about the snuggle save, but offer her all her favorite foods amd you may want to unse kitchen paper to layout where ever she sleeps to ensure the wound is kept nice and clean.

Im going shopping and foraging later to get some bits n pieces for her. I was just going to change her fleeces/towels daily, thats what i did with Marley and Dolly, and they were fine. I would have though kitchen roll would get quite itchy, Skye would just eat it, anyway.

Shes done a few poos now and has eaten some plantain. She seems really bright actually, even the vet was surprised! :D

Im having to pick the poos off her though, as theyre sticking to her. Hoping i get chance to go foraging after the hospital tomorrow, then i can get her some more noms. She doesnt seem bothered about the other stuff, but thats not really unusual.

I did ask before but got no answers, should i give her a snuggle safe before i go to bed? Shes in the living room under the windowsil. Its a wooden floor, so can be a little draughty, but she has foam mats and fleece, so im not sure what to doooo.

Shes done a few poos now and has eaten some plantain. She seems really bright actually, even the vet was surprised! :D

Im having to pick the poos off her though, as theyre sticking to her. Hoping i get chance to go foraging after the hospital tomorrow, then i can get her some more noms. She doesnt seem bothered about the other stuff, but thats not really unusual.

I did ask before but got no answers, should i give her a snuggle safe before i go to bed? Shes in the living room under the windowsil. Its a wooden floor, so can be a little draughty, but she has foam mats and fleece, so im not sure what to doooo.

well done skye :D:D:D

I'm not sure about the snugglesafe as I've never had a girlie bun. I do know it is important to keep post-op buns warm though, as I was told to keep Spenser (an outdoor bun) in overnight after his neuter. Hope someone comes along to answer your question specifically soon. :wave:

hi! She sounds like she is doing really well.....all her favourite noms to keep her appetite up is great...useing hay in a toilet roll is great - keeps the hay off the floor abit and not near her wound, ...a water bowl is alot easier for sickly/recovering buns to drink from and they do drink more from a bowl..which is important - she needs to keep hydrated:D

Its important to make sure she has space to lie thats cool and a place that is warm...you dont want her to overheat...but if her tummy is sore - its good for her to be bale to lay somewhere warm...so if there is room - id pop a snuggle safe in...then she can choose...
I used newspaper on the base to try keep it abit warmer and puppy pads as it absorbed the wee and kept them dry...you dont want her wound getting wee on it if poss. I think useing towels or fleece or sheets are fine...as long as they are dry where she is laying.
She will porb. enjoy wet herbs...will help her keep hydrated too and as much firbe as poss to get her stomach working..she porb. wont eat alot as she will be in pain and sluggish...as long as she is eating, weeing and pooping thats fine - she will recover nicely.
I put the metacam into a small piece of mashed banana...went down a treat...so try hide her meds in something she really likes...hope this helps!

Hope she has a good rest tonight...and hope you ok!:wave::wave:

Back