• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding and free range time....

clarebear

Mama Doe
I bonded Bramble and Bungee over the weekend. They went in together on Friday, and spent Friday and Saturday night indoors in a playpen. Put them outside in a hutch yesterday, and introduced a run for them. I plan to add another run on today.

Can I let them have some free range time together now?

:wave: how are they getting on? I brought my two new buns Digby and Daisy home on Saturday and they currently have half of the kennel run each. They're desperate to come out, but they can't as I want the garden to stay neutral. I'm going to be bonding them at the weekend and I'm so nervous! Good luck with yours :wave:

I wouldn't give ANY free-range time until at least 7 full days without a scrap had occurred.

I wouldn't give ANY free-range time until at least 7 full days without a scrap had occurred.

I think it would depend on the buns to be honest.. Ive had buns that have bonded so easy and have free ranged on day 1.
With an "easy" bond I cant think of anything worse than keeping them in a restricted space when its clearly not necessary.

I think it would depend on the buns to be honest.. Ive had buns that have bonded so easy and have free ranged on day 1.
With an "easy" bond I cant think of anything worse than keeping them in a restricted space when its clearly not necessary.

I do partially agree with you, however, clarebear had problems with these two after 'free-ranging' them really early in a previous bonding-date.

Opinion asked for, opinion given :)

I do partially agree with you, however, clarebear had problems with these two after 'free-ranging' them really early in a previous bonding-date.

Right Graham... I didnt know there had been previous probs... it just read as an easy bond as they look soooo good!!!

ETA.. I cant actually find any thread about previous problems :oops:

Last edited:

No had no probs with them, they've always got on fine even when free ranging before bonding (naughty I know!). They have never fought....all loved up....I hope! :wave:

No had no probs with them, they've always got on fine even when free ranging before bonding (naughty I know!). They have never fought....all loved up....I hope! :wave:

I didnt think youd had probs but thought I must have missed something...
As I said before, I would let them have a run in the garden:D
They are gorgeous by the way:love:

I didnt think youd had probs but thought I must have missed something...
As I said before, I would let them have a run in the garden:D
They are gorgeous by the way:love:

Thank you. I think I will have to, as it's the only way to give them a good clean out.

Thank you. I think I will have to, as it's the only way to give them a good clean out.

could you make shift a small pen while you clean them out hunny?

i needs more picccieeeess!!!!
im so proud of princee bungee and prince bramble, i was telling Ruby and Jay about how beautiful their little girl had grown to be.

hope they stay as loved up as they have been :):love::love:

I wouldn't advise it, even seemingly easy bonds can break down with too much change or too much space too quickly, I have known it happen at least as often as not. For the sake of another week or so I don't think it's worth the risk, moving from bonding pen to hutch, to run, to extra run is a lot of changes in a short space of time so I wouldn't risk more yet. It might well be fine, but it might not, and it's just not worth risking it to not be, IMO.

It was fine! :wave: They had a lovely couple of hours hopping around the patio playing, no problems.....I'm so relived! Gave me a chance to give their hutch and run a good clean out and add the other part of the run.

They had their tea outside Al Fresco!

005rfg.jpg

Their run is now over 10 foot long, and is only temporary until we get them a whole new set up. They seem to like it though :)

002mlp.jpg

It was fine! :wave: They had a lovely couple of hours hopping around the patio playing, no problems.....I'm so relived! Gave me a chance to give their hutch and run a good clean out and add the other part of the run.

They had their tea outside Al Fresco!

005rfg.jpg

Their run is now over 10 foot long, and is only temporary until we get them a whole new set up. They seem to like it though :)

002mlp.jpg

Wonderful!!!!
What a fab pair these two are:love::love:
and well done to you!!!:D

Back