• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

quick question?

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
When I move the buns, to their new shed, is there a chance they could fight for territory? They are very close atm x

It's *possible* :wave:

But as they are so close and will find it together, they should be absolutely fine :)

Its possible yes usually they will settle down but its worth making sure there are options for sleeping eating etc to start with

I'm really stressed with moving, I actually took the day off work today, :oops: I'm spending it coping over my darlings! I so hope the move won't upset them. Is there any medical provisions I should buy, just in case of hunger strike? Although the vet will always he called first.

My buns alternate between a hutch + run and a shed + aviary depending on weather, and they've always been fine. The only exception is when it snowed a lot and they went out in the shed for the first time in a while, and Leo chased Roxy a bit. It wasn't very aggressive and very short lived though :)
Good Luck!

I would say they will be fine, two of my trios swapped pens by mistake (OH had them out and put them back in the wrong pens :roll: :lol:) which hadnt been cleaned out that day, and i had no arguements. Dont worry :D

Im pretty sure they will be fine. When we moved in February Timmy and Mimis relationship didnt differ atall.

Good luck with the move :wave:

Mine never noticed they'd moved. Just keep an eye out for any trouble. Have you got anything that smells of "old home" so they get the association?

They'll probably be fine as it's a well established bond now. :) You might find there is a little humping and some stray poops everywhere for a while (or you might not) but it should soon settle down.

if you put thier stuff in there they probably wont even notice.. Alvin has been to Scotland (stes moms house, when we lived in brum) and my moms house with both Holly and Pearl and it never caused a problem, they travelled with either thier carpet or a duvet cover that had the smells of home on, they just snuggle together and glare at the human in my experience :lol:

Mine were fine when they moved into their shed. We didn't have any problems when we moved either, it was a 3 hr journey and they were house bunnies at the time. If anything they seemed to enjoy the adventure of exploring new places!

Good luck xx

Mine were fine when they went outside, there was just a lot of humping, and same when i had to bring them back in earlier in the year when Joejoe was poorly and same when they went back out again - just a bit of chasing and humping but no actual falling out :wave:

If they are a stable pair there is no reason to think they should fight as the territory will be neuteral. They may be a little unsettled at the new enviroment but hopefully nothing to major. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be fine. Think yourself lucky moving just two, I am still trying to find somewhere to live let alone worked out how on earth I'm going to move 11 buns and 2 guineas along with all the hutches and runs. :shock::lol:

Back