• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal for bunnies to snore?

Toadie

Alpha Buck
Woke up last night and could hear little snuffly 'grunts' from Frodo asleep under the bed (his favourite night-time place) Does anyone elses bunny do this?
(At least I'm sure it was Frodo:shock: - maybe I should check, just incase:lol:)

It's not normal unless your bunny has a history of respiratory problems. :) have you noticed any sneezing or discharge?

My Kermit used to snore all the time, even before he got his head tilt. I am sure that some bunnies just snore!

Oh ok :oops: Nutmeg snores but her lungs are a bit mucked up and Mischa snores slightly when he has snuffles.

when we very first got bertie..he terrified us all..he made a kinda clucking noise and then fell asleep...once asleep he began snoring..quiet at first..then so loud we had to turn the tv up:shock::lol::lol:

his pasturella is a recent few years thin..but hes always snored since we got him. the vets said the clucking maybe a palate vibration before the snore....i know willow used to cluck but not snore.

i have a teeny little mature lady from a rescue and he coos herself to sleep..and she snores the same as bertie..and just as loud!!:shock::lol::lol:

i know it was on here...little rudy who was reported as a very very loud snorer and he was a little bunny!

Dennis snores and always has done. Weirdly when he was ill a few weeks ago ( coughing and sneezing but no discharge) he stopped :?.
He is now on diuretic tablets (vet seems to think he could be asthmatic) and he hasn't shown any symptoms since AND he's started snoring again :)

Back