• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spreading the word of wild buns diets!

chelle

Warren Veteran
Im so pleased...this evening I went to forage and collect hawthorn...well I had 3 people ask if I was making jam....umm...dont think you can make jam from hawthorn leaves?:lol:

But everyone was interested...spoke to a lady on a horse who was really keen as she has rabbits, met a lady who works in a vet near me and she said she is going to tell everyone at the surgery:D and some walkers who also were interested.....so was really lovely to be able to say - yes they can eat hawthorn, it dries brilliantly for winter months and ca be added everyday as its such a great fibre!

So....THANK YOU RU! for teaching me so much i can pass some bits on!:wave::love:

Spenser is enjoying hawthorn 'crisps' in with his hay, although I'm afraid to admit I didn't forage the hawthorn myself. :oops: There is some hawthorn nearby, but it's a bit near a moderately busy road. :roll:

:lol::lol:Hawthorn crisps!:lol::lol::lol:

well...Ive loads here...just need to have the time to get it and store it before the buns eat it all!:lol:

Let me know hun if youd like me to send you some...Im on a mission :Dand its starting to turn now too!:(

The leaves dry so small you have to gather so much for it to be much !:roll::p

i've picked loads so far - and not managed to save any for winter:oops:

must go do some serious foraging this week:)

me too! Ive been trying to get out there and forage for hawthorn for 2 weeks now & went at 6pm tonight - I just HAD TO:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ive managed to store one small box of hawthorn...:roll: hopefully they wont eat all this lot too!:lol::lol:

Back