PDA

View Full Version : Do boarders always insist on VHD vaccs?

Chez87
21-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Or will myxomatosis vaccs suffice?

HS
21-08-2011, 09:08 PM
The people we use insist on both, which I would imagine to be the norm.

BB Mommy
21-08-2011, 09:09 PM
We insist on both unless the rabbit is in poor health, and the vaccine would compromise it further.

AnnieElms
21-08-2011, 09:10 PM
The people we use insist on both, which I would imagine to be the norm.

^^ this. It would be disastrous if VHD were brought in and spread about, so I would hope any good boarding place would insist on it.

Chez87
21-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok thanks guys. :)

GrahamL
22-08-2011, 08:41 AM
We insist on both unless the rabbit is in poor health, and the vaccine would compromise it further.

:thumb:

The Duchess
22-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Yes, we insist on it.

Apart from showing anyone wishing to board that it is essential for rabbits in the UK - so a chance to educate those who don't know, (unless rabbit is not in good enough health to be vaccinated), it also means that we won't be faced with having to deal with a rabbit possibly dying from it while the owner is away. That sounds harsh, but as awful as it is to loose one of your own bunnies imagine the situation if a clients rabbit dies whilst with you. That could cause a number of problems and an immense amount of heartache.

I would say that anywhere the doesn't insist on it, is not somewhere I'd recommend for boarding as they clearly either aren't very knowledgeable, don't understand the risks or don't care. Best avoided.