• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey doesn't trust me anymore :o( U/D improvement!! :o)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I've been trying my best to change clothes etc after seeing Digby and Daisy, but some smell must be getting to her because she doesn't like me anymore :( I'm so happy to have my two new buns, but poor Honey :( I love her so much and she doesn't want me to stroke her or anything now :(
I don't know what I can do :(

Last edited:
:( Have you tried showering between seeing them both, or even just changing your clothes and washing your hands thoroughly? I hope she starts to trust you again soon xx

:( Have you tried showering between seeing them both, or even just changing your clothes and washing your hands thoroughly? I hope she starts to trust you again soon xx

I do change clothes and wash my hands/arms!! :? I can't shower every time I've been outside to see the others though :(
Olly doesn't seem too impressed either :(

I don't think this is about you personally, you're just the carrier of a smell that she doesn't like.

What happens if you put a little dab of vanilla essence just above her nose?

But I'm often going to smell of the new buns now :? Will she not get used to it after a while? :(

I will try the vanilla essence, will it not drive her mad though??! She won't know where the vanilla smell is coming from! :lol:

I don't think this is about you personally, you're just the carrier of a smell that she doesn't like.

What happens if you put a little dab of vanilla essence just above her nose?

Is Honey an inside bun or does she live outside too?

It might be that she's jealous as you are spending time with someone else too. When I first came back from the rescue every weekend where I spent time with my trio before they came home Adelle would spend ages reconfirming that I was hers with lots and lots of chin rubs all over me, and once she bit me as I smelt so strongly. Now I know that as she's so sensitive I always see her and her husbunny first before seeing my other bunnies.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what we discussed prior to you getting the 2 new buns :(

Honey & Olly just don't like the smells of other bunnies by the sounds of it. At least they aren't going mental :shock:

Yes Honey and Olly are inside, the others are outside :wave:
Honey was ok this morning as I went straight in after getting up, but I think she must have got a whiff of Digby/Daisy after I'd been outside, despite me changing clothes :roll: because she started looking worried again :(

Is Honey an inside bun or does she live outside too?

It might be that she's jealous as you are spending time with someone else too. When I first came back from the rescue every weekend where I spent time with my trio before they came home Adelle would spend ages reconfirming that I was hers with lots and lots of chin rubs all over me, and once she bit me as I smelt so strongly. Now I know that as she's so sensitive I always see her and her husbunny first before seeing my other bunnies.

Well just a little update, Things have improved :D I've been especially careful to change every sniffable item of clothing after seeing Digby and Daisy, and it seems to be working :D honey and olly are almost back to normal now. It's harder work than I thought, looking after 4 bunnies instead of 2! I love them all to bits though :love:

I'm having this prob at the moment. Baileys nipped me a few times tonight and rubbing her chin all over me!

Glad she's getting used to it though!! x

Could you add extra layers of clothing before going to see the outside bunnies - e.g. a special jumper and water proof trousers? Something easy to remove to help you change easily?

Great news! Hopefully they will come around in time till you can go between both pairs without worry.

[

:wave: that's what I was doing before :roll:
So I now change everything except my underwear, even my socks!! It seems to work thank god! I'm permanently knackered though!

The good news is that Honey did a couple of binkies this morning, she hasn't done any for a week or two, she must be feeling happy again :love:

QUOTE=Sherlock;4941899]Could you add extra layers of clothing before going to see the outside bunnies - e.g. a special jumper and water proof trousers? Something easy to remove to help you change easily?[/QUOTE]

Back