• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using cat/dog beds?

It might not be as I read that when it get's wet it can release molde spores into the air and is ba for you bunnies but I'm not sure if it would count with them :? :wave:

I bought one for grace and she just ate it, so in the bin it went.
xx

I bought the 50cm x 40cm which will fit perfectly in the bedroom area.

well mine have a canvas tunnel and a door mat in their hutch and they dont eat them so i think they will be fine.

Why not get a plastic dog bed or large cat litter tray and put a blanket or towel in there? I have two of these in the lionheads room and they are often asleep in them.

i got a dog bed similar to that one i put it in 5 mins later amy had weed all over it so i just thought meh no point :lol:

mine used theirs as a toilet as well. :?

in winter i cut holes in cardboard boxes, put fleeces in some and pack the others with straw. the cardboard gives warmth too.

Personally I wouldn't advise using one instead of straw - as well as, maybe, but not instead of. At least with straw they can snuggle right into it and keep warm, a bit like you lying on a comfy bed being covered by a duvet. These baskets are snuggly on the bottom but nothing on top, so it would be like you sleeping on top of your duvet instead of underneath it - there's nothing to keep the cold air off you.

I'd suggest using a cardboard box and packing it with straw/hay as well, so they have somewhere to burrow into if they want to get particularly warm and cosy :)

Personally I wouldn't advise using one instead of straw - as well as, maybe, but not instead of. At least with straw they can snuggle right into it and keep warm, a bit like you lying on a comfy bed being covered by a duvet. These baskets are snuggly on the bottom but nothing on top, so it would be like you sleeping on top of your duvet instead of underneath it - there's nothing to keep the cold air off you.

I'd suggest using a cardboard box and packing it with straw/hay as well, so they have somewhere to burrow into if they want to get particularly warm and cosy :)

But when i put lots of straw in the bedroom area in the winter they just squish it down!

Back