• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay - how and where

I use packs rather than bales so keep them in a storage bin, there's rarely open bags in there though as with all the rabbits in the garden at the moment I'm using a pack a day

Mines keep in 3 places :oops::lol: storage box outside the mini shed and under the stairs

I keep the big bag in our outside cupboard then a couple of smaller bags on a shelf in the bunny shed so it's easy to fill up their rack every day.

Our bale is in a duvet cover in the spare bedroom at the moment, but I don't want it to stay there as it's in the way a bit really. I fill a bag that we keep in the cupboard under the stairs with the rest of the bunny stuff.

i store mine in 2 ways.

I have a plastic box which stores a slab at a time for every day use.

the rest of the bale lives in open binbags on top of my wardrobe. need to buy sacks though as plastic isn't ideal

I have the bale in a plastic bag it comes in in a shed....should change this to a canvas or hessian bag really....so it can breathe.
And I have a black bin up by the house which is what i use every day....

Bins great but onhot days I take the lid off else it gets really warm and Im sure they wouldnt like warm hay...

Wish I had a big breathable wooden waterproof bin thing for it...not sure if there is such a thing!:lol::lol::lol:

All foraged plants get dried in the shed or in the airing cupboard and stored in cardboard boxes either in the spare room or in the loft!;)

We keep it in big bags in the shed - but keep a big plastic box filled up in the kitchen so we can fill up the hay cube as often as it gets eaten - saves running out to the shed every hour!

Back