• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

waiting for a new pair abandoned buns to arrive ..update post 20

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
we realy dont have room for these ...but a neighbour has been keeping an eye o them since their owners moved out..saying they would be back for them..over 3 weeks ago :roll::roll:
this neighbour is now going on hols and was worried they had been permenantly abandoned and didnt know ow they would suvive when he wasnt around ..

A big well known organisation has been less than helpful :evil: :evil: :evil:
so despite being overfull they are coming to us .. :?
sorry Tracey (I go away in a few weeks so it will be more work for Tracey .. :roll: )

Ah well .. hey ho ..
:roll:

Last edited:
Aww I'm bothered Angie :wave:

Poor, poor bunnies :cry: thank god they will now be safe :):love:

If Tracey wants a hand when you're away just let me know & I'll see if I can pop over :wave:

Oh Angie I can't believe you have ended up with these two. Stoopid blumming so called national animal charity. Grrr!
And I can't believe that stoopid people could move out leave their bunnies behind, asking a neighbour to chuck a bit of food in every now and again.
Mind you, some people move out, or go on holiday, and leave their kids behind. And I don't think that's just forgetfulness!

Oh Angie I can't believe you have ended up with these two. Stoopid blumming so called national animal charity. Grrr!
And I can't believe that stoopid people could move out leave their bunnies behind, asking a neighbour to chuck a bit of food in every now and again.
Mind you, some people move out, or go on holiday, and leave their kids behind. And I don't think that's just forgetfulness!

tell Orinoco he HAS to get on with his brother and sister ... cos if he has to come bback Im afraid he ll have o come inside in an indoor cage .. had to juggle around and use his hutch :?

He will I'm sure! Adelaide and Toby have been checking out the new hutch (or Starship Enterprise as it has been dubbed) and I've told them they can only have it if they let Orinoco in too.

Oh no :( Hope you've got enough room Angie :( Poor bunnies, just can't get my head round this at all.

Poor buns :( Let's hope their healthy and don't need major vet attention, that would be the last thing you need...

:wave:

Poor bunnies and poor you. :(
It's disgraceful that you have to pick up the pieces without any help from the big animal charity. :(

its a disgace how some folk just sail away into the sunset and leave some one else to cope and struggle with what they have probably already forgotten about:evil:
Poor little buns are like "piggie in the middle" and poor you, more work, expense and worry.
Good on you for putting yourself out for these helpless buns.

Poor babies:(

Thank goodness though that the neighbour was more responsible than the owners!

Sending good health and settle in vibes. X

well they are here .. arrived last night .
little black boy and lionhead fawn girl.

male not neutered ...and doubt female spayed ..yet neighbour who brought them said to his knowledge they had lived together and not had babies ..(hes lived there for 2 yrs)..:? :?

so we dont know what to do .. split or keep together and neuter straight away ..and hope girl isnt pregnant:?

Can't help with fostering as obviously quarantined, but if Tracy needs help with cleaning, I'm about to book a few days off work:D

well they are here .. arrived last night .
little black boy and lionhead fawn girl.

male not neutered ...and doubt female spayed ..yet neighbour who brought them said to his knowledge they had lived together and not had babies ..(hes lived there for 2 yrs)..:? :?

so we dont know what to do .. split or keep together and neuter straight away ..and hope girl isnt pregnant:?

This has randomnly happened to me when I've picked up free ad buns - I think because they lived together so long humping may be at a minimum? May increase in new area, & the harsh reality is singles will rehome quicker....

ok ..so think this decision is made .. :?

they dont seem entirely happy together .. she is VERY territorial and has scrabbled and scratched at him at brekky time .. hes weeing all over .. she is chasing him and ripping out fur .. :?

Its not all the time...in between i have seen them laid together .. but ive also seen him hump her ..

they had continuous use of garden where they were before so putting them in a hutch probaly isnt helpiong ..even thpough its a 6 x 2.5 ..and the other rabbits around is probably makling things worse ..

BUT ..i feel realy bad as they have been together 2 years at least .. :(

then theres the question of where on earth im going t o put another single bun .:? squeezing in a pair was bad enough .. 2 singles is worse :?

Back