• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I almost cried last night. :(

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I stayed up late playing computer games and almost forgot to give Grimlock his injection. So I decided to sit with him in the hutch and do it there, it was about 2am and I had my phone's flash on to light it up. I don't know if it was because I was sat in the hutch or if it was a dud needle but the depocillin was just not coming out. I'd shook it and warmed it up in my hands already. I took the needle out and had to try again. I think it took me three or four tries to do it in the end, and Grim just sat there and let me do it. He's just so good. He goes through so much and has so much wrong with him but he's just so relaxed and happy and is just so good and sweet. I love him so much. I sat and cuddled him in the hutch for twenty minutes. He got so relaxed I actually thought he'd died and then I got upset all over again. But he'd just fallen asleep.

He has a nose plug again and I just don't have the heart to get it off him. He really hates me doing it and I don't want to stress him out. We're off to the vets tomorrow and I don't like taking him with a nose plug because it looks like I can't be bothered to sort him out. But it's the one thing he really hates and I hate to do it to him. He is an amazing rabbit. I feel so privileged and lucky to know him.

My beautiful and wonderful Grimlock.

IMG_0255.jpg

This bunny warms the cockles of my heart, he really does.
Been to the Hot Place and back,I salute you,Grim!!!:wave::wave:

He is so so special, and both of you are such an inspiration to all of us :love:

Please give him a nose rub from me :wave:

I just can't describe how much I love this bunny.

My first rabbit Lopsie was like a best friend, as is Smoo. Me and Smoo have a really good relationship, she cleans my knees when I'm cleaning the hutch and will do tricks for me. She comes for cuddles all the time. But with Grim, he's more like a child. It's a different type of love. He's dependant on me for medicine etc but he has his Smoo for love. But he still comes to me for cuddles. I can wrap myself around and him and cuddle and stroke him for hours, whereas Smoo loves her cuddles but feels unsafe if I restrict her movement by lying with her.

I just love him soooo much.

Slightly off topic, but does Grimlock have Pasteurella? Do you find that depocillin works for a while, then stops having much effect?

Slightly off topic, but does Grimlock have Pasteurella? Do you find that depocillin works for a while, then stops having much effect?

We think he does but he's not been tested. The depocillin seems to have pretty much no effect. He's on baytril but his eyes have got really infected so the depocillin is for that. The baytril isn't amazing but it's holding the infection back, but not clearing it. I'm hoping my vet will come back to me with a good combination to try tomorrow. :)

Awwww he is the most cuddly bunny. :love::love::love:

It the same way we love Babydarling. All the meds and he never protests, he may struggle but he puts up with it.

Today his eyes looked so much better than yesterday. I also fret when it is time to do his eye drops. I takes me over an hour to work up the courage.

Big kissies for Gwim! Kissies for Smoo too :) And a fenugreek for Jenova too for being a good girl :mrgreen:!

Back