• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This may not sound like good news but it is!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Valerie needs her incisors burred :):)

When Valerie arrived here around a year ago her teeth were in the most dreadful state. You can feel her lower roots pushing through her jaw, her incisors were at all angles and would snap off all the time and her molars were terrible. The lower ones grew spurs that would not damage her tongue but rather grow over it and trap it against the bottom of her mouth :(

Now after several good dentals things are looking up. At the end of July at her check up she needed no work on her molars for the first time :) She also needed her incisors burring at the bottom for the first time ever. As I said before they always broke off themselves. And her roots are no worse (we always thought we would loose her to abscesses within months) :D:D

Now 4 weeks on she needs them burring again. They have actually grown fast enough and strong enough to need doing so soon. I am so pleased for her :D :love: I am hoping good vet care and a decent diet for the past year means she is turning a corner at last :)

It does sound an odd thing to be pleased about at first glance, but in Valerie's case it sounds like very good news for her. :thumb: :D

Well done! :thumb: I remember her arrival, especially her long nails. :shock:

And her fat tummy. We even took her to the vets for an ultra sound to check for pregnancy :shock: I swear given her tummy and state of her teeth she must have been fed on cake!

It does sound an odd thing to be pleased about at first glance, but in Valerie's case it sounds like very good news for her. :thumb: :D

I don't think her incisors will ever be strong enough to be removed, but its good to see them growing (regardless on angle) rather than finding bits of them spat out on the floor!

That's great news that she's doing so well. She's lucky to have ended up with you so she can have the care she needs :D

Back