• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Just Love My Bunny.....now with pics!

linny

New Kit
I lost my bun Jolie in march to a very severe ear infection which ate through to her brain...She was a grumpy little poppet, with such a great character so we had to do what was best for her and have her put to sleep, she could no longer keep upright and it was so upsetting we were devastated to lose her...

So forward to 2 months after....I resigned myself not to get another rabbit because it was far too painful to go through that again, i had 3 rabbits in the past and LB my first rabbit lived until she was 12 and Eric my little boy we lost when he was 4 due to constant abcesses....anyhoo I went to pets at home to get my cat food and my horse feed etc, and had a look at the rabbits but never anything serious....So one day i walked into PAH and saw such a beauty, He was a REX Lynx and a beautiful buckwheat colour....well for 3 weeks he was always there and i couldn't understand why he had not been snapped up....Then the week after he had gone, ah well i thought that's that...
So i kept going into PAH for feeds etc and 2 weeks later he re-appeared!
I had to ask one of the staff what had happened, and she said they had bought him back because they thought he was a girl and then really he was a boy, and they already had a female and didn't want them to breed....
He remained in PAH for another 2 weeks, i again asked the lady i had spoken to before and said what happens if he isn't sold? She said he would go up for adoption and i asked if he wasn't adopted then what? She shrugged her shoulders uncomfortably and i took it from that it wouldn't be good news...
So i dragged my hubby in and gave my sweetest cow eyelashes batter and he said if i really wanted him we could take him home....
He cost us £14.00 for adoption and he has made me so happy!
The first 2 weeks he was a nightmare! he was such a little devil he was a naughty lil bunny.... I think this is why the other people had bought him back because they didn't have the patience to let him settle in...There is no way they did not know he was a boy because he is VERY well endowed....We decided to call him Molson, and when he's naughty he gets called Dexter or lord Voldemort!
So now Molson has settled so well, he is such a great character very affectionate and so cuddly....We took him to the vets as he was a little bit unbalanced but the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him, she said he was just a gangly teenager who was too fast...As a precaution we are giving him a 28 day course of Panacur incase of EC....Molson had a slight headtilt which is getting better...

I'm am so pleased we have him, i saw something special in this little chap....He has my hubby and me in stitches as he is just so funny...He's a joy to have around and we love him to bits...
He still chews and digs but hey he's a bunny and thats what bunnies do

I will have to take some new pics as he has grown!

Just wanted to share

Last edited:
Thats great news Linny. Molson sounds like a lovely little character. Congratulations on your new addtition and so sorry about your previous losses.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

thank you isabel!

i managed to sneak out and take a few pics

he always reminds me of a golden hare

molson1.jpg

molson2.jpg

molson3.jpg

molson4.jpg

Oh WOW, what a gorgeous boy! :D:love:

He sounds like a right character aswell, I love bunnies with attitude :lol:

Just a thought it might be a good idea to get him neutered, it will help calm down his digging and frantic behaviour a little. And then you could always adopt him a little wifey bun down the line if you wanted ;)

aw thanks guys....Yep we are going to get him de-bagged after our holiday which should be late sept....don't want to temp fate and have him done before just in case there are complications...and yes he is so so soft..the vet said he was ridiculously so....he feels like one of those fleecy blankets....
It's funny really, i have never seen another bun like him before or since in PAH, perhaps he went there by mistake i'm not sure

i just think it was fate If you believe in it, that he came back to the pet store

Back