• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

trying to get some buns better lives today UD Post 14 Sunday

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Long story - but a friend was approached by a person in her village to try and find new homes for c8 rabbits (mostly young) that had 'accumulated' . .

on visiting she found pretty appalling conditions - all of the buns crammed in to a tiny hutch, which had unbelievably been sub-divided so that the males were on one side and females on the other - .

Anyway my friend took 2 young agouti nethie males (one of which we have now found has no front teeth and was covered in mats and knots despite having only short hair) , I managed to get two older females (the mothers - one underweight and with bites, the other massively overweight) straight from the owner into the local Blue Cross, and I took a single REW on to try and then re-home from here.
Today they produced another tiny agouti in very poor condition covered in poo who I have taken as he needs a lot of help - but again will eventually need to rehome.

Another 1 or 2 were apparently taken by someone else in the village.

Here are some piccies of the ones that have passed through me . . .

Astrantia is a lovely dark brown nethie girl - she needs some loving care and has gone to my local Blue Cross to get all her jabs, etc put on some weight and will then be available for a new home - we think she is about 6-9 months? But tricky as she is underweight.

IMG_4160.jpg

Petunia is a rather plump c2-3 year old - the mum of most of them - very sweet and trusting despite everything. Again now at local Blue Cross for jabs etc etc (neutering of course) and then up for rehoming -

IMG_4167.jpg

I think Petunia and Astrantia may stay together

The little tiny REW is probably only 12- 14 weeks and is very small for his age (but his plums have dropped) nervous and timid but eating now . and seems well

I have called him Raspberry and will rehome him once he is well enough to have jabs and neuter etc

IMG_4172.jpg

Finally the little agouti nethie that they 'discovered' (under a pile of poo) today - very very underweight - the whole rear end is sort of undeveloped - I guess he is also 3-4 months as has his plums - but tiny

IMG_4182.jpg

he is really scared and has not yet eaten -

I dont have photos of the other two agouti boys - they must be his brothers and look similar but are larger - although the one with no front teeth is underweight.

another mess made by someone for others to clear up . . . they are currently refusing to give up their oldest two - but the male is apparently now neutered so hopefully thats an end to it!

If anyone is interested in any of the buns then PLEASE PM me! I am NOT a rescue and have just stepped in as a 'halfway house' on this occassion to try and help.

Last edited:
Oh,bless them all.Specially that little boy nethie at the bottom.Hope he eats soon.Noserubs for all.xxx

Gosh, well done for getting them out and offering them a better chance. Vibes for the little nethie. Keep us posted. Xxx

Awww poor little bunnies. Hope they go on to have much much much happier lives now. Well done for taking them and stepping in. Hope the little boy starts to eat soon :(

Oh they're all lovely, poor little things :( The little agouti nethie is adorable! I hope he starts eating soon. Well done for helping these guys xx

:( Poor little mites, bless you for helping. The agouti boy looks very tiny indeed.

awww poor buns, well done for rescuing them hun, some people are so cruel, hope they all find the lovely homes they deserve x

UPDATE

Raspberry (the little REW nethie male) has really come out of his shell and is a little rascal!!! he will be ready for a new home as soon as I can get jabs done!!

Crab Apple (the little agouti nethie with a wasted back end) is not so good - he is petrified of everything and anything and is not eating on his own. and not pooing. We have syringed fed but are holding off GI meds for now as he is such a tiny little thing and the lack of poo may just be that he did not eat much so nothing has gone through. I cannot feel any gas or obstruction etc etc and he is bright eyed and warm eared.

His rear end is not at all developed and when he tried to get on top of something his rear legs did not seem to straighten out - I suspect he has just not developed at all.

My OH is looking after him as he is the miracle worker in this house.

I have to add a huge thank you to Hugos There for a very very kind offer, but the little chap is not up to travelling at the moment.

Oh bless them all, how can people be so flippin stupid (and thats putting it nicely) :evil::evil::evil:

I so hope little Crab Apple starts eating for himself soon, he really needs his strength to overcome all his problems :cry:

Well done to you for taking them in, you have done a wonderful thing :love:

Oh bless you for helping out. They're all adorable and I so hope little Crab Apple improves and that they all manage to be rehomed.

Back