• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Facebook Pages

Littlemeg37

Alpha Buck
I have just recently found out that there are loads of pages on facebook selling animals of all kinds :( One site sells accessories also and I cant help but comment on indoor type rabbit cages people are selling along with a bun :( I think I may be heading for a kicking on most of them. There are loads of buns being sold or given away n them, god how I wish i could home them all!! :(

I was a tad naughty and have taken 2 that were wanted rid of because the people were going on holidays yesterday :shock: They were so desperate to get rid that they brought them to me in a van the next day (Thursday), hutch included, the hutch I have to say is massive, 7ft x 2 x 2 on long legs, what a job we had getting it through my side gate. The buns themselves I was told were both unneutered males (was prepared to separate), asked if they didn't fight and answer was no. Anyway they are beautiful lop eared buns both white and quite big, one bigger than the other (overweight I think) but not pure white, ends of coat sorta tinted and although I haven't stressed them by having a good look I think they are both female (both have quite big dewlaps) and love each other so much, always grooming each other and snuggling, they will both be spayed after they settle. The bed area in the hutch had newspaper down and was soaking wet and stinking, so they now have a big underbed storage box in there to wee and poo in.

I do have one problem, they will not come out the hutch!! I have left the door open and put something there they can step down to get out, they have access to a big area but wont come out which makes me think they haven't been used to coming out at all. Tomorrow should I lift them out or just give them time to settle and come out on their own?

I will post pics soon they are still a little shy especially the biggest of the two.

Well done for taking them in, and it's fantastic they came with such a good sized hutch. What are they called?

Regarding the nervousness, I had some really good advice from The Duchess regarding my shy bunnies that I adopted from rescue - let them come out in their own time.

With mine - I had a very nervous trio I've spent a lot of time sitting and talking with them, I've had fed them every meal (morning and evening) and whenever I'm near I talk with them or let them know I'm coming. Now they are very happy to come up to me and even let me give them nose rubs and the odd cuddle. I'm so delighted - that they trust me this much.

Good luck with gaining their trust.

Both come eventually for a treat with a bit of coaxing and we cant decide on names yet, I think one is going to be Sophie not sure about the other one yet. Just wish they would come out the hutch bless them and have a run around.

I need to stop going on that facebook page an argument is starting now, they all hate me but who cares!! I keep pasting The Hutch is Not enough link!! :D

Back