• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does the humping stop after neutering?

Chez87

Warren Scout
So the larger of my two brother buns humps the smaller one. They are 1 and were only neutered a few days ago, just wondering if this will stop when the hormones are out of their system? Or is it purely a dominance thing that will continue anyway?

Did Anna say if they were normally a bit 'humpy'? It might just be the move and the dominant bun feels a need to put his brother in his place as they're in a new home; if this is the case it should soon settle down.

my boys still humped after neuter even 10 months down the line but luckily none of this amounted to aggression or fighting they just walked off as it to say gees get a grip bro!:lol:

Yeh luckily the smaller one (still not 100% chosen a name!) just walks off, or sits there ignoring him. The bigger boy got a bit confused and started humping his head end a minute ago.... :shock:

Muffin still humps my leg like crazy but he is 100% blind in one eye and about 60% blind in the other eye so it could be down to that. Also I'm his only companion as other bunnies terrify him so much that he screams if they come to near to him.

None of my others hump though unless they go on to strange ground

Back