• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWAF Conference

Pipkin01

Warren Scout
I've just bought my membership to the RWAF :) Was just reading about the conference and think it sounds really interesting. Just wondering who has been before and how they found the lectures?

I'm a student vet nurse and going to the BVNA congress at the start of October, just trying to decide if I want to go another conference at the end of October too :)

I've just bought my membership to the RWAF :) Was just reading about the conference and think it sounds really interesting. Just wondering who has been before and how they found the lectures?

I'm a student vet nurse and going to the BVNA congress at the start of October, just trying to decide if I want to go another conference at the end of October too :)

Well it counts towards CPD so probably worth doing it. I have mixed feelings about it to be honest. I think it's over priced for what it is but you can generally pick up some useful information depending on who's speaking. There are two streams and you would be in the vet stream if you went with your practice paying. The owners stream hasn't in the past been as indepth as I personally would like.

I am not sure how it compares the the BVNA, but you will get the chance to speak to other veterinary staff, the speakers and owners in the intervals which is a plus point.

I won't be going this year.

Well it counts towards CPD so probably worth doing it. I have mixed feelings about it to be honest. I think it's over priced for what it is but you can generally pick up some useful information depending on who's speaking. There are two streams and you would be in the vet stream if you went with your practice paying. The owners stream hasn't in the past been as indepth as I personally would like.

I am not sure how it compares the the BVNA, but you will get the chance to speak to other veterinary staff, the speakers and owners in the intervals which is a plus point.

I won't be going this year.

Ok thank you. Have to find out what my CPD allowance is at work. They pay for me to go to BVNA but as I'm only a student I don't think I get given a proper allowance. There's a couple of rabbit lectures at BVNA and I've put my name down for the rabbit workshop there so plenty of bunny stuff going on already! I've become nominated 'bunny nurse' at work though so trying to expand my knowledge as much as possible so I'm able to give proper infomed advice.

Back