• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics from Bournemouth Air Festival U/D crash pilot died :(

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Heard on the news one of the Red Arrows crashed coming back in to land at Bournemouth Airport :(

We saw their display yesterday, and they always pass over our house on the way to and from the airport - we heard them today and it must have been seconds before the one crashed....haven't heard if the pilot survived yet :( Hope he/she is ok - they are an awesome team.

airshow2011086.jpg

airshow2011073.jpg

airshow2011072.jpg

airshow2011070.jpg

airshow2011064.jpg

airshow2011054.jpg

airshow2011051.jpg

airshow2011046.jpg

airshow2011045.jpg

airshow2011023.jpg

airshow2011016.jpg

airshow2011014-1.jpg

airshow2011011.jpg

airshow2011014.jpg

Last edited:
Heartbreaking, I really feel for his family. It sounds as if he tried to steer the plane away from houses but in doing so was too late to eject safely. I'm thinking of his family and colleagues :cry:

OMG - that's shocking - that NEVER happens! I wonder what caused it.
Very, very sad news :(

Just got this on MNS news page:

A Red Arrows pilot died when his plane crashed following an air show, a Ministry of Defence spokesman has said.

Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging's Hawk T1 aircraft plunged to the ground near Bournemouth Airport in Dorset at 1.50pm.

Eyewitnesses saw the plane flying low before smashing into a field and coming to a standstill with its nose in the River Stour near the village of Throop.

How tragic :(

My mum and my children were at the mill earlier in the day :cry: we heard loads and loads of sirens and knew something was wrong,we saw the display yesterday at the beach and they were talking about the pilots,I walk my dog that way too :cry:I feel very sad for his family and that he did not make it :cry:

just seen it on news report on main yahoo page, after seeing your spectacular pics from yesterday, how tragic, my thought to him and his family and friends :cry:

Heartbreaking.Poor man and his family.
They perform here next week in Regatta.....I wonder if they will....:(:(:(
REally sad for them all.

Back