• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding plan .... good? not good?

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
matthew and tabitha are neutered brother and sister buns, aged five. they live in my living room.
charles and cecile are brother and sister buns, a week younger than m+t. cecile has just been speyed (she's a very small bunny and we delayed as long as possible).
in a couple of weeks when she is recovered, charles and cecile will come to live with me.
they will live upstairs for a while, in the big bedroom that i don't use.
they need to settle and to learn how to live like mattew and tabitha, in a compound not a cage.
i intend to give them half a term to settle, then gradually change their accommodation.
they know me already, but they need to know me better.
by christmas, i hope to be ready to bond them with m+t.
by using small space, honey of foreheads, foods.
i'll do the bonding in my bedroom, which m+t have never visited and charles and cecile will not see until bonding day, either.
with mr brush handy in case of fighting, and my gardening gloves in case of biting.
if they don't mind spending time together, i'll gradually increase their space until i can let them have a bunny room. m+t have lived there in the past but it's being redecorated and the carpet thrown, with probably vinyl flooring to go down in case of wees.
if they won't bond, i'll have two compounds, in the big bedroom, so at least they can give each other the bunny bum across the room.
i've rebonded m+t lots of times (they forget each other if they spend any time apart - so close is their bond!) but i'm a bit hesitant about the foursome.
what should i look out for?
everyone's vaccinations will be up to date, by the way.

Last edited:
I found a water squirty invaluble during phase 1 of bonding my pair 2 weeks ago. I'm sorry I don't have any quad advise. May edit your post thread title to say "poss quad bonding....advise pls"......
Good luck, your plan sounds pretty well sussed!

Back